Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good y-pipe for cut-outs?

Old 12-26-2005, 02:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good y-pipe for cut-outs?

I just finished installing my ceramic coated pacesetters. open headers=wow . BUT. def will not be able to stand it much longer. already getting complaints from neighbors!! hehehe. i want to get a good ory, that will have a good spot for cut-outs right after the headers. i will buy the cut-outs seperate. i know some y-pipes like the pacesetter one flatten out at the top. . . will this allow enough room for cut-outs before it flattens out? i wouldn't mind the QTP one, but i dont want to pay the money for the electronic motors (i dont mind getting under the car for a whole 5 mins to unbolt 6 nuts on a manual cut-out) and i didn't think the qtp y-pipe will match up with the pacesetter headers. anyone having luck with this set-up? any opinions?????!!!!!
Old 12-26-2005, 05:21 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm pretty sure the QTP does mate up to Pacesetters.

Anyhow, just pick any Y and have the cutouts placed in it, or purhase one of these Flowmaster scavenger merges from JEGS, along with 2 cutouts and take them to an exhaust shop that mandrel bends their own pipe:

Search this Thread