Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Sled guys in here please?????

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 08:13 AM
8 second mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Sled guys in here please?????

Im looking to change the silancer on my sled.
im told i can do this on the 05 with no jetting and no issues. i know i have seen people melt down just by changing the exhaust, but again 3 places told me that just the silencer on the 05 is no issue.
Any one know for sure??
i put a post on a ski doo board also. just want to be sure its ok to do befor i spend the $$$

im looking at the Straight line one, dyno poort, and the JT can.
right now the SL one looks to be the best
1-3 track HP and 9 pounds lighter. should be good for 1 bike in 300 feet, and 1-2 mph top end.
then the next thing is a clutch kit, from what i have seen the clutch kit is good for about 5 bikes in 600 feet, and 2-3 mph top end.
should be pretty fast!!
Old 12-27-2005, 12:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Brad, I have a friend up in Quebec who runs drag Ski-Doos right out of the the Bombardier factory. He races mostly the Canadian circuit, but occasionally races in Northern New England. He runs a small performance shop out of his home, roughly 1/2 hr. north of Pittsburgh, NH. His equipment flies, because of his "in" at the Bombardier factory race shop--He's up at Valcourt, P.Q. probably once a week or more...Name is Sylvain LaFlamme. Been racing Ski-Doo for 20 yrs. If you want, I'll PM his email addy to you. If it's Bombardier, he can tell you what works, and what does not....He sells clutch kits, exhaust components, and other ski-doo race-tested parts...WJ
Old 12-27-2005, 12:23 PM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by WJ SOM SS
Brad, I have a friend up in Quebec who runs drag Ski-Doos right out of the the Bombardier factory. He races mostly the Canadian circuit, but occasionally races in Northern New England. He runs a small performance shop out of his home, roughly 1/2 hr. north of Pittsburgh, NH. His equipment flies, because of his "in" at the Bombardier factory race shop--He's up at Valcourt, P.Q. probably once a week or more...Name is Sylvain LaFlamme. Been racing Ski-Doo for 20 yrs. If you want, I'll PM his email addy to you. If it's Bombardier, he can tell you what works, and what does not....He sells clutch kits, exhaust components, and other ski-doo race-tested parts...WJ
Works for me!!!
thats cool, he sells the parts also?
Old 12-27-2005, 05:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your gonna have to read your plugs the same you would on your car to be sure.
Old 12-27-2005, 06:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Noyzee
Works for me!!!
thats cool, he sells the parts also?
He make up his own performance clutch kits (machines new clutch ramps, etc.) and makes tuned exhaust kits, etc. etc. PM'ed you w/his e-mail addy. He knows how to make Ski-Doo's fly.... WJ
Old 12-27-2005, 06:48 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Noyzee
im looking at the Straight line one, dyno poort, and the JT can.
right now the SL one looks to be the best
1-3 track HP and 9 pounds lighter. should be good for 1 bike in 300 feet, and 1-2 mph top end.
then the next thing is a clutch kit, from what i have seen the clutch kit is good for about 5 bikes in 600 feet, and 2-3 mph top end.
should be pretty fast!!
Noyzee let me tell you one thing. Dont bielve all the hipe about the hp figures. On sleds assume you will get a weight loss and no HP. If you want proof, Try putting a aftermarket Silencer on a T-cat. They claim 5-10 hp and 14lb weight loss. Well The sled had a new combo of New Motor and NOS. We just assumed motor was bad. After dicking around for 5 wks we went to the lake made a run, motor ran 7500 8000 on the bottle. Drove the sled back to the trailer and put the stock canister back on. Low and behold 8000 8500 on NOS. I think you ride in NH but you get tickets for modified exahust in VT and NY. Later john
Old 12-27-2005, 07:25 PM
TECH Junkie

I was told Vt. is using decibel meters up in the Island Pond region. Don't know about Maine. Expansion chambers-tuned pipes are out of bounds most EVERYWHERE and surely are obnoxious for anywhere but the racetrack.... WJ
Old 12-27-2005, 08:01 PM
TECH Regular

WJ NY is if its not stock you can get a ticket. I've seen them in the Woodford area when I was trail riding.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

most states now have the noise deal.. but if you stay low key and not an ******* crossing roads..and near houses... then should be fine..

I can get the SLP (starting ling products) snostuff rumble pack.. and MBRP.. they will not gain you any mph... or sled lengths.. pretty much lose a few pounds, and makes a cool noise..
Old 12-27-2005, 09:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Gone are the days of riding down the main drag of Island Pond, Vt. and pulling into the gas station on a 800cc Polaris triple w/a set of expansion chambered pipes....man, did those things bark. Now it would get you a free overnight stay in the town crossbar motel..... WJ
Old 12-27-2005, 11:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

well at least it would get you there WJ... and you would like it... hahaha
Old 12-28-2005, 07:35 AM
8 second mod

yhea, i was told 10 hp ect ect, i know its not true. im told the slp, and dyno port will get you 1-3 hp, loose about 8 pounds, and sounds nice. not to loud tho.
thats perfect for me. im not looking for huge power, and i dont want to change the pipe.
i think im going to go dyno port, and see what happens. next on the list is clutching it.
Old 12-28-2005, 09:41 AM
TECH Regular

Well I got some oil you can run that can get you 2.5 mpg better too!!!!!!!!! That must mean more HP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blue Oil

Last edited by Ojustracing; 12-28-2005 at 11:13 AM.
Old 12-28-2005, 10:13 AM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by Ojustracing
Well I got some oil you can run that can get you 2.5 mpg better too!!!!!!!!! That must mean more HP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.bluemarbleoil.com
page will not display???
Old 12-28-2005, 11:14 AM
TECH Regular

Sorry fixed it. Look in the Article section. Back in 03
Old 12-28-2005, 11:20 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

My cousin races sleds too... he's running a redline sled, and it's got A 2 steoke triple with a turbo.. right from the factory. Ultra fast.. scary really. It's actually quiet all things considered.. if I wanted to add power to a sled, and not have noise issues.. I think the turbo might be a way to go and not have any issues with the noise. Where he lives in vermont ( morgan, actually noth of island pond ) they are very strict on teh noise... but that redline is perfectly o.k. to ride around on, no noise problems with it.
Old 12-28-2005, 11:35 AM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
My cousin races sleds too... he's running a redline sled, and it's got A 2 steoke triple with a turbo.. right from the factory. Ultra fast.. scary really. It's actually quiet all things considered.. if I wanted to add power to a sled, and not have noise issues.. I think the turbo might be a way to go and not have any issues with the noise. Where he lives in vermont ( morgan, actually noth of island pond ) they are very strict on teh noise... but that redline is perfectly o.k. to ride around on, no noise problems with it.
you say put a turbo on it like its free.
i just bought the sled, and dont have the $$$$ to put a turbo on it. are you ok??
****, once i buy my crack rods pistions intake and 2nd stage, i'll be lucky to afford gas
Old 12-28-2005, 11:55 AM
Race your car!

I never said it was free LOL. just an option to think about.. maybe enjoy the thing the way it is for now,a nd think about doing something to it for next season.....

I hear ya on the spent $ on car parts... dispite the deal I got, look at what I've done in the last 6 months to my car.... heads ( thanks again by the way ) gary's TH400 setup, which was a killer deal, but still, you know the $ that moved on that, and I still need a flexplate, shifter, tranny cooler, trans temp guage, and the aprts from the GM dealer to put inot the tranny to get the speedo working, which I can't even install myself, so there's some labor there... I fully understand.

Of course, your crank, rods and pistons will be as much as I spent on the heads and tranny setup.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:07 PM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
I never said it was free LOL. just an option to think about.. maybe enjoy the thing the way it is for now,a nd think about doing something to it for next season.....

I hear ya on the spent $ on car parts... dispite the deal I got, look at what I've done in the last 6 months to my car.... heads ( thanks again by the way ) gary's TH400 setup, which was a killer deal, but still, you know the $ that moved on that, and I still need a flexplate, shifter, tranny cooler, trans temp guage, and the aprts from the GM dealer to put inot the tranny to get the speedo working, which I can't even install myself, so there's some labor there... I fully understand.

Of course, your crank, rods and pistons will be as much as I spent on the heads and tranny setup.
im talking 300 bucks, you say a 5k turbo. lol your gone.
you dont have to tell me about parts for cars, i did my hole thing last year motor, tranny ect ect, this year im changing everything
and the crank rods pistions will be much more then the tranny and heads. lol
crank alone is 2k
Old 12-28-2005, 12:10 PM
Race your car!

I hear ya... I'm definately gone LOL.

Hey.. the $ you got for the heads should cover the new crank