PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuned--found vacuum leak--retune?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 06:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuned--found vacuum leak--retune?

I had my car dyno tunned once again, this time with the new h/c/stall setup in my sig. It ran an idled fine. No complaints. One day I turned on the ac, and nothing came out the vents that face the driver, but the floor worked. Checked on here, and sure enough, the board was right in that the vacuum line to the back of the intake was off. I hooked it back up, and ever since the car will not start without giving it gas. Once it does start, it dies unless gas is given continuously, and you do this for a couple of minutes. It idles fine after that, and drives perfect. When you go to start it again, maybe 30 minutes to 1 hour, it will start right up, but longer than that, it needs gas once again. What is off exactly due to the air leak correction compared to the previous settings, and what do I need to do to fix my startup problems? Using HP Tuners by the way--thanks!
Old 12-27-2005, 06:40 PM
12 Second Club

Might need to open the throttle blade a bit to account for less air keeping the thing idleing. Keep an eye in iac counts and reset the tps when done.
Old 12-27-2005, 07:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same problem and had to retune my idle as it was off. VE table and Idle tables needed to be changed as well as realign the IAC counts at a warm idle.
Old 12-27-2005, 07:20 PM
TECH Addict

your going to be running leaner becaues of the new air getting into the motor. gonna need a retune. I had the issue. my ltrims were 25+ because of it.
Old 12-28-2005, 11:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

I opened up the tb with the set screw, and that helped greatly with startup today.