Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom true dual VS SLP loudmouth kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 10:06 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Custom true dual VS SLP loudmouth kit

I currently have a custom true dual magna flow exshaust that a local shop has installed on my 98 WS6 Conv. At first it would rattle at stop lights and they said it was too close to the body of the car. Then they changed it....now it scrapes on manhole covers and other things on the road that never gave me problems before. I'm wanting to go back to these guys and just tell them that I'm unhappy with this exhaust and get an SLP Loudmouth kit for my F-body. Will I loose performance in going from a true dual setup to the SLP??? Cause I cant deal with the embarrassment of taking people for a ride in my beloved WS6 and everytime a bump comes.....Booom or Scraaaaape!!
Old 12-29-2005, 10:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

depends on how well the true dual system is designed. If it's decent you shouldn't lose much. If it's not all that great, you should actually gain some. Loudmouth doesn't sound near as good as duals though. Remember that.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:15 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You will lose a little performance switching to a catback but the slp lm flows very well as all it is is a bullet resonator in the I-pipe, and no muffler. Also it probably wont sound as deep and mellow as your duals, but it will be just about as loud. I love mine, but its all subjective to your personal tastes. If your really unhappy with the duals and want loud then get the LM, if not then choose another more mellow catback like a magnaflow or hooker.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:22 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2 restrictions in catbacks:

1. Muffler (LM has none, so not a problem).
2. The merge at the Y-pipe into the I-pipe.
There are lots of real crappy merge designs that slam one side's gasses into the other.
The use of something like a Flowmaster Scavenger Merge collector creates a high flowing, scavenging Y pipe. Or, just pick a Y-pipe that looks like it works at the merge, common sensewise.
Old 12-29-2005, 04:18 PM
TECH Regular

So how does my Hooker ory stand-up against others,is it one of those "crappy "designs?
Old 12-30-2005, 08:26 AM
Teching In

Thanks for the input guys...I'm gonna switch to the SLP. What is the difference between the loudmouth and the loudmouth II??