Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

383 or 402 stroker w/turbo

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 11:21 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 383 or 402 stroker w/turbo

Hey, i was just wondering if someone could answer a few questions... I plan on getting a GT76 Innovative turbo and having speed inc customize and install and tune everything. I also plan on using their custom cam with some ported AFR heads. Will a stroker kit be a good addition to the setup or should i not even worry about the stoker kit? Thanks in advance
Old 12-29-2005, 08:37 PM
10 Second Club

If you have the money then why the hell not?

I'd personally like to see an ALL BORE 382ci Turbo setup...
Old 12-30-2005, 09:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

IMO if you're going with a turbo anyway, then save money on the longblock and go with the cheapest one.

Keep in mind that a slow piston speed is a better match for a slow burn in the chamber. Most people's turbo tune gives them a slow burn, so in a lot of cases a short stroke engine has a little advantage. As RPM increases so usually does the burn in the chamber, and shorter stroke also has an advantage at the higher RPM as well.
Turbos will work well on any engine, but if you're down to picking the best combo, keep those things in mind.
Just remember that the turbo system is the power maker, so I wouldn't spend a fortune on the engine. Spend the money on intercooling. It's more power per dollar IMO.