Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Burning Coolant After H/C

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 10:05 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Burning Coolant After H/C

I just finished my head swap on my car, they are LQ4 style heads, ported and polished, with welded chamgers that bring it to about 12:1 compression. I started it and let it cycle up, all seemed fine. I then took it out on the road after a short cooldown period and took it up to 2500, and on the return trip took it up to 3000. As I pulled back into my driveway I noticed an abnormal amount of 'steam' from the back of my car. SO I pulled it into the shop and saw that my PCV hose was dripping coolant. Upon further inspection, the whole intake is coated with coolant inside, as well as the underside of my oil fill cap. The oil from the pan appears to have no water or coolant in it.

Now, when it -does- burn the coolant, it is in short intervals after acceleration. If left to sit and idle, it clears out and isn't burning anything as far as I can tell. Does anybody have an idea on this one? All gaskets were laid in correctly (Which were Cometics), the new ARP studs torqued properly, and everything else bolted right in just fine.