Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help Identifying O2 Code

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 12:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Need Help Identifying O2 Code

My car is setting code P1135. I know this is probably a GM specific code, but when I try to look it up online I get mixed answers. Everything from:

P1135 Ignition Switch Signal Missing or Improper
P1135 Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Lean Mean Bank 1 Sensor 1
P1135 Pedal position sensor A circuit intermittent
P1135 O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Low Voltage (Bank 1 Sensor 1) (BMW)
P1135 Intake Valve Timing Control (Right Bank) (Infiniti)
P1135 Front Left Oxygen Sensor Circuit Open (Subaru)
P1135 A/F Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 1) (Toyota)

From what I can gather, its probably the lean mean bank 1 sensor 1 error. If its not, please let me know. (I have a 2001 SS).

It was throwing the code, I replaced both O2 sensors, and the light came back on after about 50 miles of driving. The cars gas consumption seems fine, as does the cars power.

What gives? Should I just have the code disabled or what? I've had longtubes for about 3 years, and this is the first time the code has come on.

Thanks for the help,

Blake
Old 12-31-2005, 12:39 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Yep bank one sensor one. I would leave it alone, mine came one maybe once a month and the light went away on its own. Its not going to hurt your car or anything. What did you replace the sensors with? Bosch 13111's should take care of you problem.
Old 12-31-2005, 12:46 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Lithium
Yep bank one sensor one. I would leave it alone, mine came one maybe once a month and the light went away on its own. Its not going to hurt your car or anything. What did you replace the sensors with? Bosch 13111's should take care of you problem.
Yep I went with the Corvette rear O2s. Actually, some people said go with the Denso sensors, but here they are $97 a piece, and I wasn't going to spend that kind of money. I later found out they are cheaper on www.sparkplugs.com.

Anyway, if that code doesn't affect performance, I'll just have it disabled with Edit.

I'll go ahead and ask others just to make sure...

Are you sure the code doesn't hinder performance?

Blake
Old 12-31-2005, 01:23 PM
Staging Lane

Elmer Boggs over on LS2 said he can't even find the code in the Helms manual.

Maybe I was misreading it, and it was code P1153. Damn now this is bugging me.

Can anyone confirm that P1135 doesn't exist for LS1 powered vehicles?

Blake
Old 01-02-2006, 01:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Lithium
I started having O2 codes when I changed to the Bosch 13111's, Never had codes with my stock O2 sensor's, The only reason I changed them Is because I thought I was having problems with my O2 sensors due to that I was looking at the wrong bank, I was looking at an O2 simm wavform with my scanner by mistake and thought the wavform looked strange so I just swapped both sensors just to be safe. now with the new sensor's I'm having insuffiecient switching codes now. I'm just going to leave them on for a while and see If the problem goes away, new O2 sensors have given me problem's before with my old car and then stopped throwing codes all the sudden so we'll see what happens.
Old 01-02-2006, 02:08 PM
On The Tree

there is a guy on ls1tech that is great with codes. his screen name is gomer. he may be able to help you.!

Quick Reply: Need Help Identifying O2 Code