Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Taillights problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 08:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Taillights problem

I recently bought two honeycomb taillights off ebay. The first one I got looks AWESOME. The second is a piece of garbage, first of all its cracked. The seller mention "chips" but this is a big junk missing. No big deal because Im putting black outs on top and its the part right next ot the middle piece thats cracked so its not even part of the light really.

Heres the problem the chipped tail light looks significantly darker than the excellent condition one. Is this common for these tail lights to get dark? Like when I walk up to the car at night with the tail lights on you can see one is darker than the other. I have no idea what to do.

I was thinking maybe there was just dirt inside of it so I am going to try washing it out with soap and water tommarow.

What do you guys think?

- LT14Formula
Old 12-31-2005, 09:13 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

try polishing the inside chrome. I do have a right lens darker than the left. Supposedly the chome from what I read gets discolored from water getting inside the lens. It might be worth a try. Take a picture and tell us how it turns out.
Old 12-31-2005, 09:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Yea its from water/moisture. My passenger side has a dark spot.
Old 12-31-2005, 10:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would ask for my money back.

My boyfriend got a set off of Ebay to replace his. I took his stock ones apart, because one was darker than the other. The entire chrome backing was all pitted and black...it's plastic so it can't really be polished. I would just get another tail light...

Out of curiousity which one do you need? We have a passenger side honeycomb light here, in perfect condition.
Old 01-01-2006, 12:04 PM
Teching In

drivers side :-P.

"Like new lQQK"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWN%3AIT

Like new my ***, it was cracked when I got it and the tail light is totally darker than it should be.

I am waiting to resolve the issue with the seller. Im crossin' my fingers.

- LT14Formula
Old 01-01-2006, 01:20 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by keliente
I would ask for my money back.

My boyfriend got a set off of Ebay to replace his. I took his stock ones apart, because one was darker than the other. The entire chrome backing was all pitted and black...it's plastic so it can't really be polished. I would just get another tail light...

Out of curiousity which one do you need? We have a passenger side honeycomb light here, in perfect condition.
I need a passenger side tailight badly! Mine is really darkand fills up with water under heavy rain.
Old 01-01-2006, 06:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

My driver’s side is dark on my TA and people always tell me something is wrong with my lights then I have to explain about my leak. I have been plagued with the problem for a while and tried many things. First I sealed it with silicone all the way around with not much change but what seemed to work the best is drilling 5 little holes on the bottom to drain out the water. If I had done this earlier the light would probably not be so dark now.

Quick Reply: Taillights problem