Help me out please, got screwed by dealership

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 03:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me out please, got screwed by dealership

Its a long story so hang with me. I went to a mercedes dealership on the 17th of december with my girlfriend. We looked at a 2005 mercedes c230 kompressor, and she loved it. Absolutely not a scratch on it. Well we went through application process and a little something went wrong with my girlfriend and she couldnt get approved because she is not currently working. The deal didnt fall through until the 19th. I then called the dealer back and told them I would take it and for them to get it ready, it was to be her christmas gift. Well I want to pick it up that wednesday but he says he found a scratch and we can pick it up on thursday. I go to pick it up and dont even bother looking at the damn car, so when I get it to her saturday night for christmas the next day I am looking at it and notice **** just fuked up. 3 rims have bad road rash from rubbing a curb, but one has a gashed tire it is so bad. I mean it looks horrible. The front on the wire mesh has 2 dents in it, I never saw any of this **** the first day we looked at it. I have not been able to get a hold of somebody from the dealership to help me until this past friday which was the 31st. He told me to bring it in this tuesday but he cant make promises, which is bullcrap. That **** was done at the dealership and I know it was, I would have known if I hit a damn curb and smashed the mesh. Also I have paper work that stated the miles to be 18043 but when I took delivery it had almost 18500!!! The registration sticker inside the car says 18500 so that can be proven. How would you guys go about handling this so late, what would you do, what would you say, isnt that freaking fraud? I can prove the miles are wrong. Please help me fellas and gals. By the way it was mercedes benz of san antonio.
Old 01-01-2006, 04:07 PM
Launching!

i just bought my fiance a 06 accord for a christmas present.we found alot scuff's and called out salesman.he said they will take care of all of them.we brought it in to get detailed and they took care of them.
Old 01-01-2006, 04:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you can't get satisfaction from your salesman, go to his boss, then his boss, etc.

Make SURE they know that you will be a VERY squeaky wheel if they don't take care of you (like telling ALL your friends and posting on the internet that you would NEVER recomment doing business with them....just be careful how you say things, though - no sense getting in a legal tussle - just stick to "I'll make sure to spread the word that I'm unhappy" Be very general)

Be polite but firm at first, and each step get a little more firm and a little less polite.

It took me two days short of 3 months to get things fixed on my SS under a 3 month 3,000 mile "Certified Used Car" warranty program, but it all got fixed....

I went through the salesman, the used car sales manager, the service department manager and GM customer service 800 number.....It's frustrating as hell, believe me, and even when you get taken care of you're still pissed off about it...