Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alrighty, got the airbag off the stock steering wheel...

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 07:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Alrighty, got the airbag off the stock steering wheel...

After tryin all diff size sockets and nothing working for about a half an hour, packed it up cuz I had too go out with my woman. And I was thinkin about it the whole time, and figured when I got home i'd try the T30 torx bit just too see even though everyone said there's supposed too only be 2 bolts back there, well it worked, I had 4 T30 torx bolts back there holdin it in. So now it's off, but there's a thick yellow wire goin from inside the steering wheel too the airbag, what do I do with that? Does it disconnect from the airbag? I want too sell my airbags as a set when I remove the passenger one, so I don't want too damage it. Any help would be appreciated so I can get crackin on finishin the grant wheel install, thanks guys!
Old 01-01-2006, 08:05 PM
10 Second Club

I know the 98-99 bags have different plugs but it should plug directly into the back of the airbag (yellow plug). Then snake the wires out of the collum and there should be another plug under the right side of the kick panel by the flasher unit.
Old 01-01-2006, 08:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by GM Muscle
I know the 98-99 bags have different plugs but it should plug directly into the back of the airbag (yellow plug). Then snake the wires out of the collum and there should be another plug under the right side of the kick panel by the flasher unit.
Hey thanks again dude, u've helped a lot!!! How does that yellow plug come out, just pulls out? Also, I killed the power too the car with my kill switch and it's been off for hours, there's no chance the airbag will decide too just deploy on me, right?
Old 01-01-2006, 08:16 PM
10 Second Club

No you have to have power to pop the bag, but you can unplug it under the dash first if that makes you feel more comfortable. My new style plug on the bag was kinda weird. You have to pull a plastic clip out of the top and then get the plugs to unlocked.
Old 01-01-2006, 08:18 PM
TECH Junkie

No you have to have power to pop the bag, but you can unplug it under the dash first if that makes you feel more comfortable. My new style plug on the bag was kinda weird. You have to pull a plastic clip out of the top and then get the plugs to unlocked.
Aight cool, i'll take a look at it in the mornin and try and unclip it, thanks again man!
Old 01-01-2006, 08:29 PM
10 Second Club

No problem.
Old 01-01-2006, 08:37 PM
TECH Junkie

No problem.
I actually just went out there, and that yellow wire just unplugged, has 2 pins in the air bag sensor thing that it just popped out of! Just didn't think it could be that easy!