Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Few questions on a D1SC..please help

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 11:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Few questions on a D1SC..please help

Hey guys, I am looking to trade for this unit. I have heard it was an older one. I need some info on this thing. Since it is an older model, will it fit my car, would I need to have a custom bracket fabbed? Is it a self contained oil unit? Any info would be appreciated thanks!

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...procharger.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...hargerback.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...la/D1Sckit.jpg
Old 01-02-2006, 01:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

anyone?
Old 01-02-2006, 01:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,736 Likes on 1,297 Posts

Id shoot over a pm to Bob at Exotic Performance Plus,im sure he would know.
Old 01-02-2006, 01:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks
Old 01-02-2006, 08:13 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are so many parts missing from that kit that unless you can find everything used that you would need, it wouldn't be worth the trouble or expense. The intercooler could be made to work up front, but you would have to fab or source out your own piping. The kit is missing brackets, idler pulley assembly, air intake hat and associated plumbing. The blower unit itself looks like it might be a P600. Do you have serial numbers from it? Bob
Old 01-02-2006, 08:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
There are so many parts missing from that kit that unless you can find everything used that you would need, it wouldn't be worth the trouble or expense. The intercooler could be made to work up front, but you would have to fab or source out your own piping. The kit is missing brackets, idler pulley assembly, air intake hat and associated plumbing. The blower unit itself looks like it might be a P600. Do you have serial numbers from it? Bob
What brackets would I need? The piping I can take care of, my friend fabs headers for all the cars he makes, and fabbed his own piping for his blower also. The air intake hat? Is that the plenum where the lid would be? What other plumbing besides by-pass would there be? He said he can't find the serial numbers on it? I am pretty new to the f/i world, sorry. Is there a way I could buy pieces of this kit from you, idler pulley assembly etc? Thanks, this is really a big help.
Old 01-03-2006, 05:16 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the head unit doesn't have any serial numbers on it, I would walk away from thinking of using this one. The ATI LS1 brackets may not even bolt up to it, plus you have to confirm which way the blower makes boost. In some applications the blower pulley faces forward, in others the blower is turned around to where the pulley faces to the rear. The blower could also be worn out to where it won't make enough boost to be worthwhile. The LS1 kits require a lot of parts from ATI. A new fan shroud, and a new fan are also required. You could have enough money invested in this venture to pay for a new kit. Bob
Old 01-03-2006, 09:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am with BOB on this one. I did my install from a piece by piece setup. It will get rather pricey and add a lot of time and aggravation to the install. Especially if you don't have the mounting bracket-correct hardware, pulleys and standoffs, fan,...... the list goes on.
I was lucky on my head unit, I was able to call ATI with the serial # and they were able to confirm the history and owner and maintenance for the unit. But When it came to the rest of it. I went through a lot of research and phone calls and hunting down the needed parts. Vs a one stop shopping for a kit. And in the end the cost savings was minor.
Old 01-03-2006, 05:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Good deal, Ill stick with my powerdyne kit I have now, its complete, just not on. Hopefully I can afford a D1SC at a later date. Thanks fellas.
Old 01-03-2006, 06:41 PM
TECH Resident

It's an oil fed P600B.