New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do I find out why a Not Actual Mileage Title was issued?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 07:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Question How do I find out why a Not Actual Mileage Title was issued?

...why a Not Actual Mileage Title was issued? I bought my car knowing it had a not actual mileage title issued after running a carfax on it. Even if the mileage was very off it was still a good deal. I am just wondering if it is at all possible to find out what the reason for issuing a not actual mileage title was.

Thanks
Old 01-02-2006, 07:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try the DMV, they might have a reason recorded, or maybe contact the original owner
Old 01-02-2006, 07:37 PM
TECH Junkie

I bought it from a dealership so there is no way ( that I know of ) to contact the original owner.... There is a title # on the carfax Title #T4044632329 would I be able to get more information from that through the DMV ?
Old 01-02-2006, 07:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Luna
...why a Not Actual Mileage Title was issued? I bought my car knowing it had a not actual mileage title issued after running a carfax on it. Even if the mileage was very off it was still a good deal. I am just wondering if it is at all possible to find out what the reason for issuing a not actual mileage title was.

Thanks
I dont know if you would be able to 'actually' find out. The only things I could think of is that the gauge cluster went bad and a new one had to be installed (somehow lost its data). Or maybe a new engine was put in, and the dealer changed the odometer.
Old 01-02-2006, 07:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depends how co operative the person at the DMV is, I would think that the reason for the not actual mileage designation would be recorded somewhere.
Give them a call, the worse they can say is there is no reason recorded
Old 01-02-2006, 07:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Just guessing - maybe the gauge cluster was replaced for some reason? I'd also look on the door jambs for any stickers. State DMV that issued the title should be able to explain it. See if a dealer will run a "VISS(?)" (think that's what it's called) on the VIN and see what comes up.

Quick Reply: How do I find out why a Not Actual Mileage Title was issued?