Fuel Filter Change Wakes up car

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 10:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fuel Filter Change Wakes up car

I guess the Texas Highway Patrol didn't find it necisary to change the fuel filter in my car in the 87000 miles they had it.

Had the car dyno'd at RPM for the Toys for Tots event and car was low on power and was lean. They suggested a fuel filter change.

Took off the old filter and a thick puddle off black soot came pouring out. That can't be good.

Put myself in a nice Fram filter and reset the computer. Holy Hell! The car just woke up. Pulls so much harder up top and really kicks the tail out on the 1-2 shift.

Really want to get the car Re-dyno'd and a tune. Should be a WHOLE different story.

I would suggest changing this if you have put some miles on your car or just bought a used one!

/useless story that made me feel better.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:23 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2002B4CCamaro
I guess the Texas Highway Patrol didn't find it necisary to change the fuel filter in my car in the 87000 miles they had it.

Had the car dyno'd at RPM for the Toys for Tots event and car was low on power and was lean. They suggested a fuel filter change.

Took off the old filter and a thick puddle off black soot came pouring out. That can't be good.

Put myself in a nice Fram filter and reset the computer. Holy Hell! The car just woke up. Pulls so much harder up top and really kicks the tail out on the 1-2 shift.

Really want to get the car Re-dyno'd and a tune. Should be a WHOLE different story.

I would suggest changing this if you have put some miles on your car or just bought a used one!

/useless story that made me feel better.
mines a 98 z and still have the stock filter i prolly def need to change mine...congrats on the new found powa