Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone running the Accel 4150 Billet Throttle Body with a carb intake??

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 10:24 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone running the Accel 4150 Billet Throttle Body with a carb intake??

I'm running the Accel 4150 Style Billet Throttle-Body with the GMPP carb intake. Just wondering if any of you guys are running this intake/t-b setup and if you have any fitment issues with it? I know the SS hoods will clear it with no problem but I'm a little worried about my stock T/A hood not clearing it very well if I put a filter on it. I want to run a filter of some sort on it for street use and I will do a little trimming on the cowl if I have to. So, are any of you guys running this throttle body with a filter on top of it and if so where did you get the filter setup? I've got to figure something out for this thing...

Thanks for any info or help!

--Matt
Old 01-03-2006, 12:24 AM
10 Second Club

Thanks for moving this thread to a forum where it won't get any attention because most people in this forum dont have a damn clue what this intake/tb setup is or know anything about it that can help answer my questions...

This isnt your average setup so I figured the "hardcore" forum would be a better place to put it.. Guess I was wrong...
Old 01-03-2006, 06:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

to put a filter on it, it would require severe cowl cutting since it practically sits under the cowl.

Look at this thread.. There are some pics on page 3

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ghlight=victor

Technically speaking, this is the wrong forum too (but don't want to bounce you all over the map )
Old 01-03-2006, 07:09 PM
10 Second Club

Thanks Fireball, but thats not gonna help much cause thats the same EXACT intake/tb that I have in those pics.. I bought it from Ryan aka LOnSLO.. I think you could cut just a little bit out of the cowl and run a small 5in round 2-3in thick air cleaner.. I guess it will be a another "project" so we will see how it turns out..

This isn't gonna be a daily driver, but it will see alot of street duty cause I've got alot of mustang *** to bust around here on the skreet! So, I really need to get some sort of a filter on this thing..

I wonder how a 90* sheetmetal elbow would work with a filter on the front of it??
Old 01-03-2006, 08:05 PM
Banned

You could probably get an elbow with a stupid big 105mm tb for around the same price. I think Aaron L. sells them on this site somewhere. May want to try pm'ing him.

Nate
Old 01-03-2006, 09:27 PM
10 Second Club

I already have the intake & throttle body combo.. I just need a way to put a filter on it..
Old 01-03-2006, 09:44 PM
10 Second Club

Fireball -- Ok I finally got the pic to work of the big 90* elbow with the throttle body mounted on the front of it.. That isnt what I want to do. I want to keep the 4150 style t/b mounted to the intake and then build some kind of sheetmetal elbow off of the t/b and put a filter on the end of it.. That way I can run it on the street and pull it off at the track because it will probably be rather restrictive..

Quick Reply: Anyone running the Accel 4150 Billet Throttle Body with a carb intake??