Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Tired Of Yellow Lighting on 93Z --Converting 2 Diff. Color?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 08:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tired Of Yellow Lighting on 93Z --Converting 2 Diff. Color?

I'm doing a series of little appearance mods and would like one of them to be converting from my stupid yellow lighting on my 93. Sure it's unique, but I really hate the look, plus I'm getting white face gauges which will look bad with yellow lighting. I would like to know what's involved too switch everything to a different color. I also plan on ordering all new window/lock buttons, in the 94+ Version so they will be white instead of yellow. Anyway have any experience, advice, suggestions, a kit to do this would be nice .
Old 01-05-2006, 09:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Isn't it just the tint of the film on the item? I would think if you change to the white face gauges you wouldn't have any more yellow, same with the door stuff... I would guess that the bulbs are all regular bulbs. If you want to switch to an entirely different color, say red or blue for example, then you're going to have to look into either colored bulbs, or colored LEDs (which they have that are directly plug-n-play to a regular bulb).
Old 01-06-2006, 08:42 AM
12 Second Club

NO...93's actually have yellow lettering/lighting in the switches, not the bulbs. I don't remember about the gauges but if it's an overlay over the stock gauges and they're yellow it's gonna make the overlay light up yellow also. If you remove the stock gauge face and put the new one on that should solve your yellow problem.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Exactly what I was saying.

(Is it even possible to put gauge overlays on while leaving the stockers on? As far as I knew, you had to remove stock gauge face...)
Old 01-06-2006, 09:10 AM
12 Second Club

The gauge face in my Sonoma is overlaid on the stock face. It's designed that way. It depends on the cluster and the gauge face you're using.

Quick Reply: Tired Of Yellow Lighting on 93Z --Converting 2 Diff. Color?