Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Tornado

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 09:41 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Tornado

Does anyone know if these things actually show any improvement in anything?

Old 01-06-2006, 09:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they are actually putting thought into ripping people off now.

The answer is no.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:50 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I were you, I'd get one immediately. They work GREAT.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:51 AM
Staging Lane

LOL look at it, it's obstructing air flow big time!
Old 01-06-2006, 10:02 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Originally Posted by WideOpenThrottle
LOL look at it, it's obstructing air flow big time!
Are you kidding? It swirls the air! That ****'s BETTER than sliced bread.
Old 01-06-2006, 10:05 AM
Launching!

No way in hell I was actually considering buying one. I was just looking on EBAY and saw a million of these things and was trying to figure out where the improvement came from. Like WideOpen said, pure obstruction. Just as much of a joke as those peps selling resistors for $5 saying a 25HP gain.
Old 01-06-2006, 10:12 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Originally Posted by FastTrackDF82
No way in hell I was actually considering buying one. I was just looking on EBAY and saw a million of these things and was trying to figure out where the improvement came from. Like WideOpen said, pure obstruction. Just as much of a joke as those peps selling resistors for $5 saying a 25HP gain.
You know, sadly enough, many people buy crap like this. They simply don't know anything about cars, and really could care less. Everyone is intrigued by getting more HP, and most don't care to think things through logically. Hell...look at K&N. I would personally never use one of their air filters, but their marketing is GREAT. When people ask about the mods on my car, the first question is usually "So you got a K&N?"

*sigh*
Old 01-06-2006, 10:41 AM
Coy
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
Are you kidding? It swirls the air! That ****'s BETTER than sliced bread.
lol

Send me the $60.00 instead. That money will do you just as good.
Old 01-06-2006, 11:07 AM
Launching!

You know, sadly enough, many people buy crap like this. They simply don't know anything about cars, and really could care less. Everyone is intrigued by getting more HP, and most don't care to think things through logically. Hell...look at K&N. I would personally never use one of their air filters, but their marketing is GREAT. When people ask about the mods on my car, the first question is usually "So you got a K&N?"

*sigh*
I believe I have actually seen reports where it shows that a FRAM paper filter ($10-15) flows better than a K&N. I had a K&N on my LS1 only cause it was free from raughammer. Thats the damn truth though, about every car in the Houston area has a K&N and Flowmaster sticker on its back window.
Old 01-06-2006, 11:15 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Does anyone know if these things actually show any improvement in anything?

Dude, you can't have 94 posts on LS1tech & ask this type of question...........
membership revoked!

Just kidding

BTW, they work by restricting airflow which causes the PCM to pull fuel therby increasing gas mileage. The increased HP thing is more BS. People see the fuel savings & assume since the fuel saving claim is there, that there also must be more HP. More HP needs more air & more fuel. One withought the other is worthless. People who advertise this **** such as "two guys garage" are sellouts to their sponsors. Makes me sick every time I see them dispaly the item & flat out lie about its' benefit.
Old 01-06-2006, 11:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Talking

I actually heard FORD is putting them in the new F-350's....on 2-guys garage....
Old 01-06-2006, 11:36 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LS1-450
Dude, you can't have 94 posts on LS1tech & ask this type of question...........
membership revoked!

Just kidding

BTW, they work by restricting airflow which causes the PCM to pull fuel therby increasing gas mileage. The increased HP thing is more BS. People see the fuel savings & assume since the fuel saving claim is there, that there also must be more HP. More HP needs more air & more fuel. One withought the other is worthless. People who advertise this **** such as "two guys garage" are sellouts to their sponsors. Makes me sick every time I see them dispaly the item & flat out lie about its' benefit.
before the repost thing starts I did perform a search. Although I still figured this question had been asked in the past but unfortuetly I'm still haveing problems finding a flux capacitor replacement. I mean hell, I finally switched from plutonium to Mr. Fusion.
Old 01-06-2006, 11:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

yeah their great. They restrict and swirl the air at the same time just so when the swirling air hits the manifold it difuses and defeats the purpose any way. Great Idea!
Old 01-06-2006, 11:39 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by NHRAMAN
....on 2-guys garage....
It was an opportunity for me to vent. Every once in a while, they will put a tornado up on the table during their advertizing portion & rave about its' benefits. The cocky guy always says "yah the vortex effect of the air entering the engine is a real advantage." Something like that. I probably could have left the "two guys garage" comment out of the post, but, it just bugs me.
Old 01-06-2006, 11:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

*sigh*
But at Advance Auto Parts they have the little display, and the ball flows higher faster w/ the k&n!!! haha

Marketing sells **** to americans everyday
Old 01-06-2006, 11:44 AM
TECH Junkie

before the repost thing starts I did perform a search. Although I still figured this question had been asked in the past but unfortuetly I'm still haveing problems finding a flux capacitor replacement. I mean hell, I finally switched from plutonium to Mr. Fusion.

It was a joke about your car knowledge not about using the search button. Hell, half the time I use that damn thing I get a bad link response.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:26 PM
Launching!

It was a joke about your car knowledge not about using the search button. Hell, half the time I use that damn thing I get a bad link response.
Now that I went back and re-read the post I see how I screwed up, kinda like skipping the instructions before putting together Lego's. If I could only remember what my old username was I'm sure I would be in the high hundreds but I had a 2 year gap in between that one and this one.
Old 01-06-2006, 01:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Ok, but, you do understand that it was a joke & not in any way meant as disrespectful.
Old 01-06-2006, 02:40 PM
Launching!

Ok, but, you do understand that it was a joke & not in any way meant as disrespectful.
Old 01-06-2006, 03:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've had some huge gains with my electric leafblower motor supercharger. Car pulls a lot harder through the whole rpm range. Get near 40 miles per gallon too.