Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Header Install..Dyno Results!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 08:42 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Header Install..Dyno Results!

I FINALLY got my Kooks headers and catted y ordered right, after they sent me the wrong ones the first time. It took about 4 hours for the complete install but then I had to wait for the guy who tunes for FBC to get there to start the tuning. When I heard it for the first time when they started it up it sounded bad ***..............and then I drove it I have the loudmouth and I knew it was going to be raspy but god damn!! I will say it does sound pretty mean outside of the car and on the way home it kinda grew on me. N-E-ways, the car was kinda slugish at first and then he did some tuning around town which helped. Then we went over the Flowers Performance to do the dyno runs and final tuning. I never had a baseline but from listening to everyone with just a lid and exhaust they told me around 305-310. When he did the first pull a could have sworn I felt my ear drums exploding in my head, I couldn't imagine not having any cats. The first pull showed 324rwh and 338flb which I was kinda dissapointed about but I dont know if thats normal or not. Then after the 7th pull he got me up to 330rwh and 343flb which he said wasn't bad for what I had. Overall, the headers fit great and looked good but do the numbers match up close to normal for what ive got?
Old 01-06-2006, 08:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i think thats about right

now if you had a better y pipe without cats and more than a single 3" exhaust or duals then it would be 340 or so IMO
Old 01-06-2006, 08:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds about right. might be a little low, but its also a a4. through a stall in that thing. check out my sig... no tune, no ls6 intake
Old 01-07-2006, 01:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

you should try to get some numbers from other people that have dyno'd there (ask the shop)...because the dynos vary from location to location. Example, I dyno'd 337/348 with a lid, cutout, and some tuning...but that doesn't (and probably shouldn't) mean much to you. I'm sure your car pulls better than mine did at the time.
Old 01-13-2006, 10:11 PM
12 Second Club

thanks!
Old 01-14-2006, 12:19 AM
12 Second Club

As long as your car runs good, dyno numbers don't mean crap. Those numbers are only to get a relative idea at what you might have gained on a mod, and also for bragging with.
Old 01-14-2006, 12:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by YouCantCmyZ28
330rwh and 343flb which he said wasn't bad for what I had. Overall, the headers fit great and looked good but do the numbers match up close to normal for what ive got?
friend w/ 2000 A4 w/ QTP w/ HVMCs (omg so many /w) slp induction and ported TB made 340whp. You're not far below him w/o a TB.. get a ported TB thats at least 6whp gain easily. For A4 thats right on man.