Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

supercharger choice

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 02:31 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default supercharger choice

I have a 68 firebird LS1, and I want to supercharge it. What do you think is the best option. The motor is a stock '02. I want it to run low 12's and be completely street friendly. There are alot of options, so I would love to hear from anyone with first hand experience.
Old 01-07-2006, 03:07 AM
Banned

Magnuson, or Procharger. For a swapped 68 Firebird I would do the Magnuson
Old 01-07-2006, 04:25 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=22

Check out the ATI ProCharger D-1SC that we installed above on an LS1 engine transplanted into an Mazda RX7. We started with the '04 GTO kit from ATI ProCharger, which would be the kit that would probably work the best for your '68 Firebird. You will make more power with an ATI ProCharger, and it will make the power in the powerband where your '68 can use it most. Bob
Old 01-07-2006, 08:03 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check out the ATI ProCharger D-1SC that we installed above on an LS1 engine transplanted into an Mazda RX7. We started with the '04 GTO kit from ATI ProCharger, which would be the kit that would probably work the best for your '68 Firebird. You will make more power with an ATI ProCharger, and it will make the power in the powerband where your '68 can use it most. Bob
I agree you will be able to make more power, but my experience with the Magnuson was great. Car made 469rwtq at 2000 rpms and peaked around 3000 at 500 and made 513rwhp and 505rwtq. That is off of memory, but I am sure of the HP and the TQ I know was over 500. So I don't know if you could match the tq the roots style offers down low with a Pro Charger and the instant boost that is available with it. Not knocking the Procharger but it really just depends on what he wants to do with it. If you are looking for a fun street car that has a little Bling Bling the Magnuson is hard to beat for all out power etc... Look at the Procharger just my .02.
Old 01-07-2006, 08:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Both the maggie and prochargers have advantages and disadvantages.
Do a search and read every post you can find for many months, and eventually you will be able to come to a decision about whats best for you.

Thats what I did. Lots of people will tell you what they think, but its best to inform yourself.