Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low Oil!!???

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 08:27 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Low Oil!!???

I was wondering if anyone has everyhad this problem before. My low oil light turned on so I checked the oil and it was low!! So I added oil and checked the level and it was fine. But the damm oil light wont turn off!! Oil level is fine and so is the oil pressure its just the light wont come off. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.............
Old 01-07-2006, 08:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Sounds like the sensor went out on ya. Had it happen to mine. Oil level was fine but the light wouldn't shut off. Replaced the sensor and it went away.

Just a quick question....have you taken the starter off any time lately? I've seen where if you take the starter off and let it hang, it can tug on the wires going to the oil level sensor making the light come on as well.
Old 01-07-2006, 08:54 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by JakeY2KZ
Sounds like the sensor went out on ya. Had it happen to mine. Oil level was fine but the light wouldn't shut off. Replaced the sensor and it went away.

Just a quick question....have you taken the starter off any time lately? I've seen where if you take the starter off and let it hang, it can tug on the wires going to the oil level sensor making the light come on as well.
Ya actually they just worked on my tranny and I guess maybe they just let the starter hang and maybe pulled on the wires. Do you remember how much the sensor was?
Old 01-07-2006, 09:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If I remember right, it was around $10-12 dollars. You can however pry open the connector and re-connect the wires without breaking it. I tried and you can see why I got the connector, but it is possible.
Old 01-07-2006, 09:32 AM
10 Second Club

Cool man thanks alot I will try that to see if thats it and post up!!