Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 03:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Review: Meguiar's Ultra-Safe Spoke Brush

Product: Meguiar's Ultra Safe Spoke Brush

Price: $6.99

Manufacturer's Claim:

Our Ultra Safe Wheel Spoke Brush has been designed to safely and effectively clean all areas of the wheel, including hard-to-reach crevices. The flexible bristles bend and adjust to tight areas while the brush itself has enough freedom of movement to enable cleaning behind the wheel. The safety tip on the end of the brush prevents accidental gauging or marring of your wheel's finish.

Usage: I used this brush in conjunction with soap and water to clean the inner rims and between the spokes on my latest detail (the rims were pre-soaked with APC).

Overall Thoughts and Notes: The brush is pretty long which makes it good for reaching all the way to the back of the inner hoop of the wheel, and the bristles are flexible enough to squeeze between tight spokes or the brake caliper and rim. Overall, I was pleased with the performance of the brush until the handle fell off. It was quite an inconvenience seeing as I was only on the second rim and the brush was brand new. As long as the handle stays on, it's a good brush.

I've sent an email into Meguiar's about it, and I'll report back on their response and handling of the situation.
Old 01-09-2006, 01:01 PM
TECH Addict

Well, I just received a nice email from Meguiar's, and they have a new brush coming my way. I appreciate it.
Old 01-11-2006, 01:16 AM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZaneO
Well, I just received a nice email from Meguiar's, and they have a new brush coming my way. I appreciate it.
Good to hear; let us know if this one stays together better

Just read through all the reviews you've posted... nicely done, you ought to write up some more if you have the time!
Old 01-11-2006, 02:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I am glad that you just did a review of this brush, I have been looking for something to clean all of those spots that I cant reach/clean to my satisfaction.

James
Old 01-11-2006, 09:48 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ZaneO
Overall, I was pleased with the performance of the brush until the handle fell off.

oops!

-Mike

Quick Reply: Review: Meguiar's Ultra-Safe Spoke Brush