Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

meanest loudest exhuast???

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 04:12 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default meanest loudest exhuast???

Ok I have searched and searched and searched until my eyes practically bled but I am still trying to find the loudest meanest sounding exhuast I can come across with great sound.... I have looked at the Gmmg and love the sound but just want to make sure that its one of the loudest...i dont care if its TD or cat back so long as its high hp gain and mean....Price is an option, point being that i would like to do headers at the same time and seems like kooks or qtp are the best and also expensive so in everyones opinion what exhust is gonna give me that gut wrenching fear inspiring sound aside from doing h/c (deffinatly dont have that kind of money)???

thanks guys

seth
Old 01-09-2006, 04:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

the loudest is by far the nascar exhaust. Look under custom on ls1sounds.com . But beleive me If you actually plan on driving the car for more than a quarter mile you don't want it. Excessively loud just gets annoying. And yes, it's rediculously loud.
Old 01-09-2006, 04:35 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, Dr. Gas Boom Tubes in either an X or Y config. will shake the bones of anyone within a block radius at idle.

Loud and mean = TSP TD X. (Texas Speed---->)
Old 01-09-2006, 04:49 PM
TECH Addict

I love how my exhaust sounds, but when i drove open headers i fell in love with it and thought it was pretty loud. My friends heard me from a couple blocks away just cruising towards their house. One of them even asked if i had dropped a cam in it.
-Joel
Old 01-09-2006, 05:02 PM
12 Second Club

i have Laynes TDs that i bought from a friend on here. I haven't dynoed it yet but when he had them on his car he dynoed at 395hp with a 230/224 cam and jet hot headers. I am running a 230/230 cam and pacesetters. I absolutely love the sound!!! But remember with loud exhaust like TDs be ready to have cops look at you a lot more!
Old 01-09-2006, 05:22 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't recieved mine yet, but I think TSP duals with Sweet Thunder's will give you just about what you are looking for.

Old muscle car down low and Nascar up high.
Old 01-09-2006, 05:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SouthFL.02.SS
Yes, Dr. Gas Boom Tubes in either an X or Y config. will shake the bones of anyone within a block radius at idle.

i have to agree, my buddy has a 01 z28 with this setup w/ longtube pacesetters. one of hte best sounding f-bodies i have ever heard. loud as hell, and mean enough to make any cobra owner think twice, if not three times....
Old 01-09-2006, 05:39 PM
12 Second Club

I have been sitting on Ls1sounds.com for hours and yet my only problem with the site is that all the ...well almost all the clips have h/c setups and i wont have that rite off the bat. But am trying to find the sound to these setups. I have heard of Dr. Gas and Texas Speed but then theres also the muffler option on texas speed's website between dynomax bullets, moroso spiral flows, and sweet thunder's. I am still clueless on what to do. I dont quiet follow the "rasp" and "drone" sounds and am not quiet sure what the other members mean when they say thats what certain systems sound like. I am trying to find the meanest, loudest system i can find since my cars a 2002, i shouldnt have to worry about emissions until 2010

seth
Old 01-09-2006, 05:41 PM
TECH Resident

well the best sounding has to be the true duals. that is my set up now and love it (I have had 5 different set ups)
but the LOUDEST AND MEANEST HAS TO BE

LT headers, ORY, and loud mouth!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-09-2006, 07:18 PM
On The Tree

Yes, Dr. Gas Boom Tubes in either an X or Y config.
That was my thought as well
Old 01-09-2006, 07:20 PM
12 Second Club

well its disqualified because it sounds shitty, but open headers is probably the loudest most obnoxious thing i have ever heard. no exhaust note, just loud noise.
Old 01-09-2006, 07:27 PM
hashtagBMW

Mine..........Open LTs. But damn is smells like :poop:
Old 01-09-2006, 07:28 PM
That's what she said...

Get the TSP dual system and you WILL NOT be disappointed. I'm making the assumption that you have never heard the system in person, or you would not be asking this question. Any louder would be too much, and not as loud just wouldnt cut the mustard. Plus it SOUNDS GREAT. You could run demolition derby pipes through the hood with 2" primaries and put tractor flappers on the top. It would be outrageously loud, but also sound like a demo-derby car

But first i think you should step back for a second and realize that all this "loudest exhaust" crap is awesome for about 20 minutes, then you go "man i'd really like to hear what the person beside me is saying...."
Old 01-09-2006, 07:50 PM
12 Second Club

theblurls1.... i completely agree with you on your prior advice. Furthermore, you have been correct in your assumptions, i havent yet heard a tsp in person. in like manner, allow me to clarify myself. I would like an exhaust with a good crisp, clear sound. Not just NOISE. Also, i want loud and mean because there are so many TA's and SS's and Z's out there and although everyone and there brother has exhaust i want somethign that will further destinguish my car from stock. Now if i go with a TSP i want to do LT's as well. I have heard that pacesetters are good but dont last as long as kooks or qtps. What all will i need to put a full exhuast TD setup on my car headers and all and since i am not quiet the mechanic i would need install as well...thanks so much for you help

seth
Old 01-09-2006, 08:00 PM
That's what she said...

The TSP duals will set you apart from the rest. You can creep (semi-creep) around, then blow them away with a roar.

The pacesetters (for the money), are hard to beat. The kooks and qtp's are if you just feel like having stainless headers. I am perfectly content with the pacesetters on my car though. If I were buying headers now, i'd probably get the new QTP's with the HVMC, simply because i've got a little more cash now.

You will need the headers, the duals system, and some O2 extensions. I have the "race" headers on my car, and removed the AIR/EGR systems all together. You can re-use the stock manifold gaskets or buy some new ones from GM. They are a multi-layer metal gasket that have a little crush zone between the flanges of the headers and the heads.

Pacesetters come with some wire and butt-splices to extend your stock O2 sensor wires, but i dont recommend doing this. The extensions are plug and play. I used a 12" and a 24", but most people get 2 24" extensions.

If you delete your emmissions, you can go to a speed shop with ls1edit/hp tuners and have them delete the codes (and rear O2 sensors), so you will not have the SES light on, and will NOT have to buy O2 sims. They should do this for less than the price of a full tune, and probably even less than the price of O2 sims alone. MTI did this for me for 75$
Old 01-09-2006, 08:04 PM
That's what she said...

I would also suggest a set of polyurethane motor mounts while you have the exhaust system completly out. Thunder sells them for 50 bux and you will thank yourself (and me ) later.

I think everyone should put a set in when they have the exhaust out. Clears up the exhaust hitting the floor, keeps the shifter still (m6 guys), and actually REDUCES interior vibrations.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:09 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

All this loud and mean talk.

No use in pulling up to a Cobra sounding all loud and mean if you can't back up the bark. That's just my opinion.
Buy a nitrous kit while you're at it. Hehehe.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:13 PM
12 Second Club

wow theblurls1 thank you so much for you information. I am saving for my exhaust as we speak and if the motor mounts are as you recommend then ill get those to. I appriciate the info and i guess all i have to do now is find a shop to do it for me... i would love to be able to do it myself but its my daily driver so i cant afford to have it out of commision beucase i work 40 hrs a week and i dont think the boss would understand that excuse for not showing up to work

seth
Old 01-09-2006, 09:42 PM
12 Second Club

Yeah,the TSP TD w/Dynomax bullets!
Old 01-09-2006, 11:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

the boss i'm sure would understand, you know this flu...killer i tell ya!