Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

having trouble getting flowmaster x-pipe to fit

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 04:03 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default having trouble getting flowmaster x-pipe to fit

I am having a friend who owns a shop do my pacesetter headers and univeral flowmaster x-pipe kit install.

he said the pipe that comes off the headers doesnt really work too well as far as fitting or reaching the x-pipe, like the headers are to far apart and the pipes arent angled enough or long enough to reach the X, or something to that affect.

a couple of people had said they used this kit and was wondering if you had run into any trouble with this. Im supposed to run up to his house at 700 and would like to be able to give him some of you info so he doesnt have to make another x-pipe or do something else that is unessicary.
Old 01-11-2006, 07:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, you will need to have about maybe a foot of extra pipe for the driverside.. Make sure he angles it down just alittle on the driverside too so it doesn't smack your floorboard upon acceleration.. This kit is universal, so some fabbing will have to be done..
Old 01-11-2006, 07:49 PM
12 Second Club

well, he was talking about the x pipe not fitting under the th400 crossmember. it hangs about 2 inches lower than the 4l60's so i would only have 2-3 inches ground clearance with 0 wieght in the car. im 205 so that would drop it some and most my friends are 280+ so thats no longer than option.

on a positive note i heard the car with open headers and id put a smile on my face. i may say screw pipes, open headers ....not really

i will probably run and h-pipe. ive heard its not as good as an xpipe as far as balancing the exhaust from the 2 banks. will this affect sound?
Old 01-11-2006, 08:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry, I didn't see that you had a 400 in there.. The h-pipe should sound similar if not better...
Old 01-12-2006, 05:44 AM
12 Second Club

cool thanks for the info.