Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Some Quick Help With Intake Manifold

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 07:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Some Quick Help With Intake Manifold

Ok I just pulled my intake manifold after f*%#ing with it for an hour or so and I have the ligenfelter intake but it doesnt have any gaskets on the runners or well any gaskets period. So does this thing just bolt straight up with no gaskets or anything, just looking for someone who might know! HELP ME OUT ASAP cause I need to get this thing up and running and doing it in the dark is hard enough!
Old 01-11-2006, 09:07 PM
TECH Addict

No it should have a fiber/paper gasket. If I remember correctly you can order them from Jegs, they are the printo seal type of gasket. They are like $26.00.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:22 PM
Teching In

Default intake manifold

awesome alright I just noticed that so that sux *** but I had figured they needed gaskets probably a good way to seize up your motor without em. OK so one more ? did you have to change up your fuel rails down below the manifold to put the weiland on?
Old 01-11-2006, 09:59 PM
TECH Addict

The engine won't seize because the gaskets aren't there, it will cause a mean vacuum leak and the engine won't idle or run right though. Yes you have to pull the stock fuel rails because the cross over tube runs across the middle of the intake.