Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Powerdyne Has A New Owner!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 08:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Powerdyne Has A New Owner!!!

New owner @ Powerdyne Automotive Products

Lancaster, CA: Randy Cannon, formerly with B&M and Darkside Motoring prior to his National Sales Manager position at Powerdyne, has purchased the assets of Powerdyne from Jim Wheeler, the original creator of the 11 year business.

Randy, as president and CEO, will be working closely with CFO/investor Larry Hurlbut in the future where new emphasis will be quickly noticed in the engineering and ‘low cost’ marketing strategy of Powerdyne.

“We’re proud of our newly trained staff and dedication to new products” said Mr. Cannon “and we expect to be the outstanding choice for affordable forced induction.”

For More information:

Don Johnson
Jill Tauber
DJ&F International
3600 So. Harbor Blvd Ste 306
Channel Islands, CA 93035
Old 01-11-2006, 08:54 PM
TECH Veteran

so youre the new owner?
Old 01-11-2006, 09:28 PM
Staging Lane

Nope, we just so happen to have the same last name, the S in mine stands for Shawn
Old 01-11-2006, 10:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Cannons
Nope, we just so happen to have the same last name, the S in mine stands for Shawn
aaa, powerdyne still blows though...lol
Old 01-12-2006, 06:59 AM
Staging Lane

Personal Experience?
Old 01-12-2006, 08:16 AM
On The Tree

Personal Experience?

I had one, I had the setup on my car for two weeks,first time I raced it I shreaded the internal belt.I sent the head unit back to powerdyne under warrenty[only had it 2 weeks]it took 3 months to get it back and when I did it made a bad bearing noise.and cust service was terrable also.lucky for me I got a full refund because I got it from a good mailorder place.it was a total nightmare!!!
Old 01-12-2006, 10:53 AM
TECH Resident

I don't think I've ever heard one positive thing about PD blowers on LS engines.
Old 01-12-2006, 08:14 PM
Staging Lane

12 sec 6000 LB Tahoe with a powerdyne, that says enough for me. I do know a big problem with the internal belts isnt always powerdynes fault. Sometimes Its people who put smaller diameter pulleys on them and rev them past the recommended limit. I hope people will stop bashing them and let them make up for mistakes or problems in the past. That it what new ownership does....
Old 01-12-2006, 08:23 PM
TECH Resident

Totally redesign the blower, the kit, throw down some big numbers, and then rack some reliable miles on the system and you MIGHT get a few people to at least consider them. Until then, you can't give them away here.
Old 01-12-2006, 09:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

If they would put an extra belt on like ATI and Vortech do, I would get another kit. The guys breaking belts are usually running slicks. On my Hawk, I never had any problems with the internal parts of the blower. The real problem is that when they run off the back side of the accessory belt, the can't get past about 5500 rpm without slipping.

-Geoff
Old 01-12-2006, 10:09 PM
Staging Lane

When you say "extra belt" do you mean running a separate blower belt? My Tahoe uses a separate belt.
Old 01-13-2006, 09:31 AM
On The Tree

12 sec 6000 LB Tahoe with a powerdyne, that says enough for me. I do know a big problem with the internal belts isnt always powerdynes fault. Sometimes Its people who put smaller diameter pulleys on them and rev them past the recommended limit. I hope people will stop bashing them and let them make up for mistakes or problems in the past. That it what new ownership does....
just to let you know my kit was the stock 6# no pully change and my internal belt lasted for 35 miles and not even hard miles!!!!
and as for bashing I gave powerdyne a chance and spent a lot of money on it for 35 miles of fun and thats it.I hope powerdyne the best of luck in the future and I think if you want to have good sucess and a good track record make a headunit without a internal belt that can break.
Old 01-13-2006, 09:35 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine worked perfectly for 2 years before I sold it.
No complaints except their kit, like the ATI and others, had you remove the stock fans.
Keeping the car cool with the AC on in the summer was my only issue.
Old 01-13-2006, 12:24 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,096 Likes on 720 Posts

Thanks for the news.

I recall reading a lot of threads where Wheeler or some guy named Sam were jerks about fixing the belts. Powerdyne used to get beat up a lot on the Ford boards. Good luck to the new guys!
Old 01-13-2006, 10:33 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by boosted99camaro
just to let you know my kit was the stock 6# no pully change and my internal belt lasted for 35 miles and not even hard miles!!!!
and as for bashing I gave powerdyne a chance and spent a lot of money on it for 35 miles of fun and thats it.I hope powerdyne the best of luck in the future and I think if you want to have good sucess and a good track record make a headunit without a internal belt that can break.
They do, its called the XB-1A. I believe it is comparable to a paxton Novi 2000. Also sorry to say, but Sam is no longer with powerdyne and passed away a little over a year ago.
Old 01-13-2006, 10:38 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by boosted99camaro
maybe rig up an internal double roller chain?
Old 01-13-2006, 10:39 PM
chronic masturbator

the xb cannot be done without some work as the impeller is backwards the only way to use it on a f-body is with custom brackets been there done that no luck lol i will say its a very good kit for someone that doesnt know anything about F.I.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 8KickassRS9
aaa, powerdyne still blows though...lol

thats some funny sh*t
Old 01-28-2006, 10:39 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by dynedta
the xb cannot be done without some work as the impeller is backwards the only way to use it on a f-body is with custom brackets been there done that no luck lol i will say its a very good kit for someone that doesnt know anything about F.I.
It can't be put on a f-body w/o a problem? Why not? I took a BD blower off my truck and directly fit a XB on it. I interchanged them and I didnt have to do anything different.
Old 01-28-2006, 11:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I saw the PD kit lay down some evil numbers on a LT-1 one time, so I reccomended it to my cousin who owns a performance shop. Like everyone else, we spent more time changing belts than driving the truck. We had PD fix the first belt, but after that, we just ordered a box of them and changed them ourselves. Eventually we got tired of it and sent the whole system back. Like everyone else, my suggestion would be to engineer a new belt design and make sure it will be better than before.

Quick Reply: Powerdyne Has A New Owner!!!