Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPS voltage??

Old 01-12-2006, 08:30 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TPS voltage??

ok at the moment not having money im doin all the small free mods i like to gain a few small "hp", that and i like to work on my cars and i got the ich lol, so anyway i read about the throttle blade not opening 90* and that u can grind down the bump stop to make it open 90* and from what ive read on installuniversity u can watch the voltage till u get 46-47v reading on the tpsbut they said they monitored it thru autotap. ok heres my question, do you need autotap to read those volts or can u just check it with a voltmeter, and if u can just use a voltmeter what wire is it u need to check exactly im not sure.
Old 01-12-2006, 10:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by rgaynor85
ok at the moment not having money im doin all the small free mods i like to gain a few small "hp", that and i like to work on my cars and i got the ich lol, so anyway i read about the throttle blade not opening 90* and that u can grind down the bump stop to make it open 90* and from what ive read on installuniversity u can watch the voltage till u get 46-47v reading on the tpsbut they said they monitored it thru autotap. ok heres my question, do you need autotap to read those volts or can u just check it with a voltmeter, and if u can just use a voltmeter what wire is it u need to check exactly im not sure.

The only way to check it without scanmaster, autotap, Tech II or some other computer device, is to pierce the wires with the meter leads and I would not recommend that since it will allow moisture to introduce itself.

Years ago Mid-America used to make insert connectors with leads on them to connect to a multimeter. But I believe that was only L98 & LT1 stuff. They were nifty little tools until the scanmaster came along.
Old 01-12-2006, 04:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

You don't have to pierce the wire, you can get a small piece of wire into the plug, or stick the multimeter down into the other end of the plug (all without cutting / exposing wires)

If you do it with a voltmeter, there is a great write up on this site
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/420817-bumpstop-mod-my-first-try-writing-install.html

I got mine to 4.69 - 4.70 volts and called it good.

Search this Thread