Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Issue with kill switch, could use some help....

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 12:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Issue with kill switch, could use some help....

Well my extended tech is up, so now I have too have my kill switch working, did the battery relocate and ran 2 gauge from stock hookup in front to a 4 pole kill switch in the back, put it on one of the big studs, then on the other big stud ran a 2 gauge wire from switch too battery, then ran 6 gauge wire from alternator to one of the little studs on the kill switch and then like the directions said too, ran a 6 gauge wire from the other little stud too the big stud that had the 2 gauge wire going too the battery. Now here's the issue, the kill switched worked, but the car was not charging the battery enough, so I hooked the stock alternator hookup back on and it was charging perfect and left it like that till now, cuz now I gotta get the kill switch to work. So i figured maybe the 6 gauge wasn't enough, so reran the line from alternator to kill switch with 4 gauge wire and the little jumper wire I changed to 4 gauge, and it still doesn't charge enough, but put the stock wire back on and all is good, so what's goin on here, figured 4 gauge was more than enough for just the charging wire, what you guys think? Thanks for any help!
Old 01-28-2006, 06:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is how mine is setup. Small cable from alternator to starter. Large cable from starter to cut off switch, large cable from cutoff switch to battery. Also do you have a good ground? You should have atleast 14v with the car running, also I reccomend a good battery that is fast charging and discharging like an optima, had one in mine started faster, cranked faster, worked good with stereo stuff. Have you thought about using a volt meter and testing both sides of the switch? Voltage should be the same that close together, hope this helps.