Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help with CME... im takin it out!

Old 01-13-2006, 01:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default need help with CME... im takin it out!

Hey guys, my SS has CME and i was going down a hill one day... pretty fast, and it was a bumpy hill, and my exhaust came loose. the two metal tabs that connect to the pipe at the very back snapped and i lost a hanger. About a week ago i go to my friends house and we weld it back together... and as im under the car, i notice that the guy that put this on before me put it on crooked! the CME is actually pointing a little bit upwards, when it should be completely flat right? it should be pointing strait out, not towards the sky at all. Does anyone know how i could cut it and take it out to work on it? has anyone else ever had this problem? you can see the pipes on the back of the car, and i dont like the way that looks... and im not talking about the CME tips, which you are supposed to see, im talking about the pipes that cnnect from the sides. If anyone could help me i would really appreciate it!
Old 01-13-2006, 05:01 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cmon, someones gotta know! im supposed to cut and weld this tonight!
Old 01-13-2006, 06:15 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you need to tip the tips down cut the pipes where they go into the cme and adjust it. Then re weld it.

I found with my CME that anything you change in the exhaust system can affect how the tips sit. You may have to play with it for a while to get it right.

The problem may well be where the muffler is held on.

Good luck

Search this Thread