Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Two bar sensor for my turbo setup, please help w/install!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 09:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Two bar sensor for my turbo setup, please help w/install!

Just got my 2 bar map sensor and wiring harness. Just need some help hooking this baby up. Not sure exactly where the harness plugs into and where I pick up my vaccum source from?? Thanks guys!
Old 01-15-2006, 12:34 AM
Staging Lane

You should just unplug your stock 1bar and the new one should plug right on in as long as you have the new small body map sensor. I know the 3 bars are only made in the larger body but the 2 bars can be bought either way small or big. This link shows the small one http://www.devilsownonline.com/alcoh...products_id=18
Big one http://www.devilsownonline.com/alcoh...products_id=21
If you bought the old style then you should find any source of vaccum with a 1/4" line and tee it off . FWI make sure if you give the map sensor +5 volts and don't apply dirrect power from the battery if your adding one. I have seen quite afew try giving+12v to them and they can't take that.
Old 01-15-2006, 02:50 AM
Staging Lane

Default Map Sensor

Originally Posted by solobaric
Just got my 2 bar map sensor and wiring harness. Just need some help hooking this baby up. Not sure exactly where the harness plugs into and where I pick up my vaccum source from?? Thanks guys!
I was told to buy the 2 bar map sensor from the supercharged Chevy Cobalt and just plug it into the back of the intake in place of the stock map sensor.You will have to cut the the 2 plastic/rubber back tabs on the Cobalt sensor before you clip it to the stock location because your stock sensor has 2 tabs and the Cobalt has 4 .
Old 01-15-2006, 09:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yep, I believe this one comes off of the Cobalt.. Got it from Speed Inc, but they get theirs from FAST which I'm sure are just Cobalt sensors.
Old 01-15-2006, 01:11 PM
Staging Lane

There are quite afew cars you can get it off of.

Quick Reply: Two bar sensor for my turbo setup, please help w/install!