Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Pulled Over On Bell Rd. (phoenix)

Old 01-15-2006, 12:10 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pulled Over On Bell Rd. (phoenix)

Ok so last night I was cruisin bell with some friends, just mindin my business in my 01 mustang gt, then out of no where a little ricer comes up next to me at a stop light. I looked at him and just smiled, light turns green I take off like at normal speed not intending to race. he fly up next to me, matches my speed and starts reving his fourbanger engine. I still ignored him until he finally took off infront of me. About 10 seconds later I see police lights coming up behind me, the ricer gets thru the light but I don't, the cop pulls me over and rights me a ticket for drag racing.. I tried explaining to the female cop but she would not reason, Now I have court next month I am a juvenile so I was not arrested. What do you think will happen out of all this?
thanks

-Ryan
Old 01-15-2006, 12:31 AM
Banned

was there a speed put down on the ticket? did they radar you?
Old 01-15-2006, 02:37 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1bad71
was there a speed put down on the ticket? did they radar you?

nope she put down a estimate at 55+ ... my radar detector never went off, she even admitted she didnt clock me.
Old 01-15-2006, 03:43 AM
12 Second Club

I was out on Bell just to see what was up Friday night about 11. No sooner did I get off of the 17 than a Phoenix cop starts tailing me. I'm sure they were waiting for me to do something, probably cuz of the license plate (TIRFRYR). After 4 or 5 blocks they went around and turned around. I turned around a few blocks later (everything being done very legally) and picked another cop tailing me going the other way. They turned around just past 43rd. Although I came up to a light with a Stang in the other lane, I decided that this was not a lucky night and just went back to the 17 and headed home.
Old 01-15-2006, 04:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

yeah i got arrested last week, and i really wasnt street racing at all just trying to catch up with greg and his friends and since i was going 65, the cop pulls me over saying im going 70+ and the posted limit was 40 *actually 45* so technically i shoudlnt have been arrested and im getting a lawyer

if you need a lawyer let me know, i know a good one

sucks what happened, let me know what happens
Old 01-15-2006, 05:17 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Cchris1109
yeah i got arrested last week, and i really wasnt street racing at all just trying to catch up with greg and his friends and since i was going 65, the cop pulls me over saying im going 70+ and the posted limit was 40 *actually 45* so technically i shoudlnt have been arrested and im getting a lawyer

if you need a lawyer let me know, i know a good one

sucks what happened, let me know what happens
Isn't that still 20 over??

Mike
Old 01-15-2006, 05:58 AM
TECH Resident

I got a speeding ticket last week. I was driving down the 51...cruisin in the HOV lane and decided to get on the gas a little. I notice there was an SUV towing a trailer in front of me so I moved over and passed it...at this time im doing about 90+...only to notice that the SUV i passed was a sheriffs SUV LOL...he asked me how fast i was going..blah blah blah, said he was driving 85mph....but he didnt have any proof that I was criminal speeding. So he wrote me a ticket for 80 in a 65.

So now I have to spend $120 and go to traffic school, but on a good note, Greg got a ticket tonight! So he will being joining me in class!! LOL

sorry greg.
Old 01-15-2006, 03:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by onebadstang
Ok so last night I was cruisin bell with some friends, just mindin my business in my 01 mustang gt, then out of no where a little ricer comes up next to me at a stop light. I looked at him and just smiled, light turns green I take off like at normal speed not intending to race. he fly up next to me, matches my speed and starts reving his fourbanger engine. I still ignored him until he finally took off infront of me. About 10 seconds later I see police lights coming up behind me, the ricer gets thru the light but I don't, the cop pulls me over and rights me a ticket for drag racing.. I tried explaining to the female cop but she would not reason, Now I have court next month I am a juvenile so I was not arrested. What do you think will happen out of all this?
thanks

-Ryan
Did she have a camera in the car?
Old 01-15-2006, 04:00 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
Did she have a camera in the car?

a camera... i highly doubt it
Old 01-15-2006, 05:39 PM
TECH Addict

All cop cars have camera's in them. They record all their stops.
Old 01-15-2006, 06:03 PM
Launching!

Default camera

still ... i doubt the camera caught me "street racing" , even if it did, its my proof that i wasnt
Old 01-15-2006, 08:24 PM
Teching In

I am another one going to class 4 a speeding ticket.
But I think I am going to do mine on line.
Where are u guys going 4 your class?
Old 01-15-2006, 10:40 PM
Banned

nope she put down a estimate at 55+ ... my radar detector never went off, she even admitted she didnt clock me.

since the posted limit for bell is 45mph and you were sited for 55+, how were you drag racing?

you said the ricer made it through the light and you didn't, so wouldn't that mean he was doing 65+ to be that far ahead of you? so that would be criminal speed, so why didn't she go after him?
Old 01-15-2006, 11:20 PM
Launching!

just because i was the easier target and she never clocked us so since i didnt get thru the light she just thought hmm, ill just pull him over since they were street racing, she told me oh your buddy got lucky and got away.. i was like that wasnt my buddy, i wasnt even streetracing.
Old 01-15-2006, 11:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

If she didn't have radar on, fight this and in court ask for the calibration sheet on the car then! Make sure it was done BEFORE your ticket. If it was done afterwards, tell the judge you contest the proof, he'll look at it and then off you go. Laughing your way out the court room.

Had a case where a CHP officer here gave me a ticket doing 80 (not) in a 65. So i fought it and won b/c the dam dumb *** did the calibration after the ticket was issued

If you have time always fight tickets!!! you never know if the officer will show up too
Old 01-16-2006, 01:05 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Kens_02SS
If she didn't have radar on, fight this and in court ask for the calibration sheet on the car then! Make sure it was done BEFORE your ticket. If it was done afterwards, tell the judge you contest the proof, he'll look at it and then off you go. Laughing your way out the court room.

Had a case where a CHP officer here gave me a ticket doing 80 (not) in a 65. So i fought it and won b/c the dam dumb *** did the calibration after the ticket was issued

If you have time always fight tickets!!! you never know if the officer will show up too
thanks alot for the advice, ill definately cosider what you said.
Old 01-16-2006, 02:42 AM
Staging Lane

Bell Road is a big mistake to simply even drive on PERIOD. I call that mess HELL Road.
Old 01-16-2006, 02:46 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by QuickSilver T/A
Bell Road is a big mistake to simply even drive on PERIOD. I call that mess HELL Road.
hhahahaha, its okay if youre obeying the law but everything is so tempting there its like having a little devil on your shoulders
Old 01-16-2006, 07:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

a camera... i highly doubt it
It is one more piece of evidence that she should have had against you. She didn't clock you and she didn't record you?!?!

She has both of these tools at her disposal yet for some unknown reason they weren't used. Get my point? Bring this up when you appear, it will help you.
Old 01-16-2006, 05:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

i hear ya, the cop didnt radar me and said he was cruising behind me going 70 and i WASNT and i get arrested total BS im going for damages if i can, i got a lawyer.

he put on the ticket estimated and cruise not radar so hard to tell eh?

Search this Thread