Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Steering shaft problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 11:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Steering shaft problem

whenever i was re-installing my engine, i thought that i had my steering shaft lined up, and connected. After we I got everything bolted up, and most of the harness hooked up, i realized that i didnt have it hooked up. I was wondering if anybody has any idea of the best/easiest way to connect the steering shaft to the rack and pinion. Any help is appreciated, since i wanna try and get her running again tomorrow. Thanks.
Old 01-16-2006, 01:04 AM
TECH Junkie

its pretty easy you just bend the knuckle and it slids up over the steering shaft and then down to the rack and pinion where you bolt it on. Not sure if this is what you meant?
Old 01-16-2006, 07:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I think thats what i was lookin for. Does the top part of it move up and down?
Old 01-16-2006, 07:19 AM
TECH Addict

mine was pretty hard to get back on after i took it off but the best,i mean easiest way i found is to take both bolts out,put the bottom on and i have to use a 2 foot pipe and a hammer to get the top part on because it's cocked alittle,even when i push in the steering shaft or even take it loose.now i can have mine in or out in just a few minutes with no hastles whatsoever.good luck.