Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LT'S cut outs o/r ypipe

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 07:20 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT'S cut outs o/r ypipe

doing what i think will be a bad *** set up for my car.. this is what im going to be doing hooker c/c LTS cut out o/r y pipe and of course i have the gmmg chamberd exhaust.. what i need to know is how will it sound with cut out and how will it sound with lt's no cats in to gmmg... and also is it easy to reach under the car and open the cut out??? and whats gonna be the rwhp after this mod it will be a full bolt on car
Old 01-16-2006, 05:59 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

get someelectric cutouts then you don't have to crawl under the car. With the cut outs open it will sounds pretty nasty. almost like open header depending on placement of cutouts. (just started my car up open header after cam and header install. . . OMG it was loud) not sure quite how the rest of your exhaust will sound I don't know anyone running a similar setup
Old 01-17-2006, 10:17 PM
On The Tree

I Want To Put Cut Out At The End Of The Lts Then Have The Y Pipe Then Catback
Old 01-18-2006, 12:23 AM
12 Second Club

should sound really good, my buddy on this site 99WS7 has QTP LTs with dual e-cutouts after the headers and it sounds nasty as hell when they are open and still has a nice rumble when they are closed, be carful of clereance issues on the cutouts after the headers, tends to hit alot if your car is dropped