Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Popping oil pump fuse on STS kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 05:04 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Popping oil pump fuse on STS kit

We got it running. Previous posted problems solved. Oil spewing was because the return pump just wasn't working. Got it working, but now i've popped the fuse for the pump 2x. It seems to happen when i get on it, when it gets into or close to boost. any suggestions?
Old 01-16-2006, 05:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you jumper it to high does it pop the fuse?

i believe thats what happens as soon as you go into boost is it kicks into high gear on the pump.

if you jumper the hobbes switch and it pops then you at least have a method for troublehooting.

first thing I would do is go thru all your wiring again.
Old 01-16-2006, 05:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Make sure your switch valve is grounded and check your wiring as it goes by the exhaust making sure its not melted. Go back through your wiring and check it all.
Old 01-16-2006, 05:29 PM
TECH Regular

I think if the wire is melted, it wouldn't work when i put another fuse in. I put another one in and it worked and hasn't popped since but i haven't put it back into boost. I'll check the ground. I have a feeling that may be it.
Old 01-16-2006, 05:42 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LastBlack02SS
I think if the wire is melted, it wouldn't work when i put another fuse in. I put another one in and it worked and hasn't popped since but i haven't put it back into boost. I'll check the ground. I have a feeling that may be it.

Make sure the ground wire is in the right place. Sounds like you have a wire bacwards. When the pressure switch under the hood reads boost. I think is .5 psi. It switches on the solenoid and then switches the pump to high. If you ground or hot wire is in the wrong place it will blow the fuse.
Old 01-16-2006, 06:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LastBlack02SS
Yes, it can work if some wires are melted. When it sees one pound of boost, the pressure switch gives power to the switch valve as we as making the pump turn on high. If there is no power to a wire that is melted into another and then power is given to that wire that can pop the fuse.