Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Underdrive Pulley Wobbling

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 08:18 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Underdrive Pulley Wobbling

Hey guys I recently bought a Powerbond pulley and installed it when I swapped cams. I noticed last night that my idler arm was knocking and I shined my light down and seen the pulley has a slight wobble. Not a whole lot though. I took the belt off and started the car and indeed it is wobbling. I checked the bolt and it is tight. It appears to be back into the cover also. There is no fluid leaking. Could I have gotten a bad pulley? Or will it have some wobble? I feel nothing in the car while driving either. I am debating on removing it and installing stock pulley to make sure the crank isnt F***ked.
Any ideas???
Old 01-17-2006, 09:03 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You need to stop driving that car NOW till you get a solution!

If you want to check the crank, remove the pulley, get a dial indicator, un-plug the coils and have someone turn the motor over. If the dial fluctuates then the crank is bad. That would be doubtful though.

Most likely the pulley wasn't seated all the way. Unless you torque that thing down to 200+ ft lbs it's not tight enough.
Old 01-17-2006, 10:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FIREHAWK#608
Most likely the pulley wasn't seated all the way. Unless you torque that thing down to 200+ ft lbs it's not tight enough.

I have seen this happen twice....

Quick Reply: Underdrive Pulley Wobbling