Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drove an LS1 Car for the first time today

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 02:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Drove an LS1 Car for the first time today

OMG! This car was so incredibaly FAST! All it had was Magnaflow and a Diablo Tuner. It was at a Dealership, I just wanted to go for a test drive. Itt was a '99 A4 Z28. Fastest car Ive ever driven, and it was only low 13s, I cant even imagine how a cammed car would be. Hell, that thing stock would be PLENTY for me. I dont think Id get an M6, cuz I prolly wouldnt be able to shift fast enough. The owner sent me to drive with the guy that was detailing cars, he was a cool dude, 18, like myself. He told me to go to this straight away spot. So i came out of a turn and got SIDEWAYS Then I stomped on it some more, and I got up to 80 in no time. I have to get an LS1!!!! Only bad thing, is he neededd 50% down, cuz I dont have credit, and that wouldve been $4500. This made my whole day great....

Old 01-17-2006, 02:08 PM
On The Tree

Low end tq owns.
Old 01-17-2006, 02:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Shifting fast in an M6 car isnt necissary. If you are racing well then yea its nice to know how to do, but that comes in time with driving the car. Dont let not being able to powershift stop you from getting an M6.
Old 01-17-2006, 02:18 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you want a stick, get a stick. Certainly don't be afraid of it. I had to teach myself how to drive stick, so it's not that bad.

You were only in a Z28 to, just imagine how fast it would have been in a Trans Am................

ok... j/k
Old 01-17-2006, 02:39 PM
SSU, come over and relax

Hell, that thing stock would be PLENTY for me.
yeah thats what i said too

and now all i want is more
Old 01-17-2006, 03:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by demonspeed
If you want a stick, get a stick. Certainly don't be afraid of it. I had to teach myself how to drive stick, so it's not that bad.

You were only in a Z28 to, just imagine how fast it would have been in a Trans Am................

ok... j/k
Imagine if where a ws6 or even an SS you woulda **** a brick! j/k yes I've taken a few of my buds for rides and they've flat out told me it was the fastest car they've ever been in, that always makes you appreciate your car more and more
Old 01-17-2006, 03:53 PM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

I remember the very first time I drove an LS1 car. Fastest car I had ridden in to date was a low 15 second Acura Integra GSR. I pulled out of the dealership with my uncle in the car and babied it, trying to not let him in on the power the car had. It was a very easy test drive and we came back and signed papers on the car. When we came back to pick it up and they handed me the keys, I hopped behind the wheel for the first time by myself. Took off down the road, hit a side road, and got ready to feel the power. I picked the perfect speed to, I was in my sweet spot. As soon as I nailed it and the car downshifted it scared the hell out of me. "THIS THING IS A BEAST!" I yelled. I was in love.

Now the car runs high 11s and I only want it to go faster. Low 13s dont feel like much of anything to me anymore.
Old 01-17-2006, 04:16 PM
Shirley Temple Drinker

I love a A4 LS1, bone stock, and it didn't feel as fast as my mildly modded m6 lt1. Not that it wasn't faster in the 1/4 or what ever, it prolly was, but I dont think I could love with a auto, so don't be scared of your a stick type of guy!

And oh yea, we all say that we are happy with our cars at first..
Old 01-17-2006, 04:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Congrats on your first real LS1 experience. I was getting tired of you asking me **** :-D im only kidding bro, im happy you've asked as many questions as you have. Im sure you still weren't ready for the test drive :-P

and as some of the others have said, when you first get one, 13's feel great. however i only had that feeling once. n2o kit was obligatory with the full exhaust, lid and pulley!

now in the 10's, 12's don't feel like anything. you'll get one soon bro, just keep hanging in there. and when you are ready, give me a shout, I'll try to help you out as much as i can.

Travis
Old 01-17-2006, 04:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by slik98z
Congrats on your first real LS1 experience. I was getting tired of you asking me **** :-D im only kidding bro, im happy you've asked as many questions as you have. Im sure you still weren't ready for the test drive :-P

and as some of the others have said, when you first get one, 13's feel great. however i only had that feeling once. n2o kit was obligatory with the full exhaust, lid and pulley!

now in the 10's, 12's don't feel like anything. you'll get one soon bro, just keep hanging in there. and when you are ready, give me a shout, I'll try to help you out as much as i can.

Travis
Thanks bro! Youre always helping me on ****. When its time to look at an LS1 car, dinner will be on me...lol. Thanks for all the awesome advice!
Old 01-17-2006, 04:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

get off my ballz, its hard enough to keep my gf off them long enough to eat dinner or smoke a cig, i dont need uz all up on them.

just messin. Any time you wanna make it up to b-more and drive a m6 with heads cam, and soon to have a 2-3 stage n2o kit lemme know.

my last peice of advice before you even get the car. your first mod and im not gonna let you go any other way, is to get a 12 bolt.
Old 01-17-2006, 05:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want an M6, hold out for an M6. I settled for an A4 and I regretted it a lot.
Old 01-17-2006, 06:04 PM
On The Tree

I regret driving an auto as well, but the good thing is that 3 grand can change all that.
Old 01-17-2006, 06:40 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Vendetta
If you want an M6, hold out for an M6. I settled for an A4 and I regretted it a lot.
I agree, when I was looking for an LS1 I picked out the options I wanted and wouldn't even look twice at a car that didn't have the options I wanted because I knew I'd regret it.

BTW there's nothing like your first time behind the wheel of an LS1. When I took my car out for a test drive the salesman came with me. On the first turn I brought the rear end out and really lit up the tires coming from a standstill. Oh and the sound was just amazing! My Camaro before that was a 3.4 so the power of the LS1 was unbelieveable to me.
Old 01-17-2006, 08:21 PM
10 Second Club

regret having an auto?? why? the only reason I can figure is that its fun as a driver to shift gears on the street, but it ain't fun missing gears, having shitty launches at the track, changing out clutches all the time, not hooking and breaking 10 bolts.

I love my auto, launches like a bat out of hell, love the high stall, love not missing gears etc and when your in traffic you don't have to keep working the clutch.

for the record my next car will be a stick cause it will be more of a handling car.
Old 01-17-2006, 08:59 PM
11 Second Club

When me and the wife bought the 2000 I said stick or nothing,she wasn't to excited and really wanted an auto.It was her DD so 2 weeks after we got it I asked her what she thought and she agreed that an M6 was the only choice for her also.Get what you want.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

man i miss my car, even without a stall and 2.73s that thing was so fast. I always wondered what it would be like with a stall and LT's.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:50 PM
Shirley Temple Drinker

My step mom was looking at cars the other night, and she was joking around looking at new vettes. So I say

"be a shame to put a woman in that car anyways"
"what ever"
"you'd prolly get a auto anyways"
"Yea so my husband wouldn't be drivin around in my vette allday, my car would be cooler than yours"

Then I abruptly yelled that her car would suck in a funny tone, and my dad started cracking up.... Shes like

" IDK WHY you guys think your **** don't stink and your SOOO cool "

Then dad pipes in

" Honey, we simply dont like auto's in sports cars, get over it "

it was kinda funny at the time, dad grew some ***** for a chance.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:58 PM
mcG
TECH Resident

don't be intimidated with the m6...its hard at first but you get used to it real quick, and it's so much more fun than auto
Old 01-17-2006, 09:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Be A "stick" Man....