Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Stock STS turbo

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 03:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Stock STS turbo

Is it possible to get 700 horsepower on the stock turbo that came with the kit. I don't mean with just boost. Maybe nitrous and build the motor.
Old 01-17-2006, 03:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I replied to your other posts but...

You can get away with 700hp on the stock block, but not for long. The best way to make the motor last with that much power is by easing into it (EVERY TIME), which is pointless. This is of course providing you are not experiencing any detonation.

You will want to build a forged motor (at least forged pistons and rods, but crank too if you can afford it).

Stock turbo will not do it, look at your other threads when you asked the same question. With nitrous, yes you can make 700hp with the stock turbo, but again, you can see how long your engine lasts or just do an engine buildup right away.
Old 01-17-2006, 03:50 PM
9 Second Club

If you read my post a little way down.... I am getting 607RWHP from my 67 setup.. but I belive that I am pushing the limits.
Old 01-17-2006, 06:09 PM
Staging Lane

longrange4u is pushing the limits with just over 600rwhp.which means he is getting close to pushing 700 on engine. i have heard that 750 flywheel hp is the limit on the stock bottom end. but it will not last long. now if you forge the bottom end and use the stock crank have it polished and balanced, it can handle about 900-950 flywheel hp. depending on what kinda heads and cam and size of turbo you can easly see 700+ rwhp. sts stock base turbo kit is a t60 you can upgrade to the gt67 which will make more hp. check out my sig. my brother has a 98 formula and he is forging out the bottom end. he is going to run 9-12psi of boost on a gt70 turbo from sts, looking to get into the 700rwhp range. not sure of the heads and cam he is using but i will find out and post back. hope that helps

Quick Reply: Stock STS turbo