Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

grill ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 05:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default grill ?'s

ok first off i know this has probably been posted already, but i searched and found nothing ( i think it's still broke, shhh i didnt say that... ) but anyway with removing my grill if i just rip it off, can it be put back on later ( if i dont like it ) i tried removing that front bumper to do it all clean like once, but the little push/pull screw things were formed into the plastic of the front bumper and started f'in up the plastic underneath so i didn't push my luck with it, and i'm not doing it again i dont want a huge crack in the bottom of there ...thanks guys for putting up with another grill removal thread..
Old 01-17-2006, 05:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just "ripping" the grill off, may break the mounting tabs. People use that method if they know for sure the OEM thing is going to the trash.

Since you had you entire bumper cover off the grille is EXTREMELY easy to remove.

It is held on with 3 nuts, 3 "clips" and 2 hooks at the sides.

If you "yank" it off, the 3 studs the nuts screw to will most likely break off, the 3 clips will slide off, and the hooks come undone.

Now putting it back on after "yanking" it off, will require either taking the entire bumber cover off, or possibly some really strong double sided trim tape.
Old 01-17-2006, 05:38 PM
On The Tree

When I pulled mine off the top three tabs broke off. I couldn't see any way around it other then taking off the front clip. The little plastic pull tabs were stuck on mine but I worked at them for a while and got most of them off and only broke one. Then I got tired of that and just ripped off the grill
Old 01-17-2006, 05:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

http://www.slponline.com/inst/50388.pdf
Old 01-17-2006, 05:41 PM
TECH Addict

well that is the problem the bumper cover isn't off, i started to take it of a month or so ago, and like i said the clips were formed on to the plasic somehow and when i torqued them to remove them, it started twisting / tearing the plastic. so i put them all back on and now im wanting to remove the grill without taking it off. just wondering if i do "rip" it off and break the clips holding it on there, if you can buy some more from GM and put it back on without much of a hassle. more than likely once off it will stay off though, or i'll wait and get one of the SLP grills.
Old 01-17-2006, 05:49 PM
On The Tree

If you rip it off you'll have to buy a whole new grill. The 3 top tab ripped completely off mine. Maybe you could super glue the tabs back on.
Old 01-17-2006, 05:51 PM
TECH Addict

so what do you guys suggest i do? is ripping it off so to say the only way to get it off without taking the bumper piece off, i tried fitting my hands down in there, ain't happnin' lol
Old 01-17-2006, 05:59 PM
On The Tree

Rip it off. You defenitly aint fittin your hand down there. Even with the tab holes the front looks better then with that black grill. You'll never want to put that grill back on
Old 01-17-2006, 06:09 PM
TECH Addict

well i'm gonna rip it off then, i just don't want it to tear up the front bumper plastic any b/c i might go back and put a wings west or the slp on later. i'll post pics when i'm done thanks!
Old 01-17-2006, 06:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The whole top diamond and the bottom row gold....

...sorry
Old 01-17-2006, 06:18 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by slayer6x6
The whole top diamond and the bottom row gold....

...sorry

Quick Reply: grill ?'s