Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another headers question...

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 02:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Another headers question...

Ok I have finally saved up enough of the green stuff to get some headers. Right now I am looking to do some pacesetters coated race headers to an ORY.

My question is should I go with the race headers? I hear that most people end up having to disable their AIR anyway even on emissions ready headers, so should I just get the race headers and eliminate my AIR and EGR at the same time?

I am in Illinois so as long as I get the codes deleted from the PCM it should pass emissions no problem right ? Also I was looking to buy the headers from TSP (will buy the ORY later) is there anything else I need to buy to install these things? Thanks for your advice guys!
Old 01-18-2006, 03:20 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The headers usually come with everything you need. O2 extensions being the most important accessory. Use stock GM gaskets for best results.

Sounds like you can go with race headers, as is seems like you're ripping everything our anyways. Good luck!
Old 01-18-2006, 03:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my pacesetters have provisions for air and EGR. Both bolted right up like on the stock manifolds, no problem.
Old 01-18-2006, 04:02 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish I would have bought the race style. Once I started installing everything, I decided to remove all emissions stuff. It is a pain working around all the emissions hookups on the PS LTs. Don't think twice. Just do it!
Old 01-18-2006, 04:24 PM
Restricted User

go with race headers , alot cleaner looking and easier installation overall. I used some badass copper gaskets i bought at Murrays for my headers b/c the one that pacesetter brought were gay paper ones...and yes u need to install o2 extentions..pacesetter brings a kit so u can splice and do all that crap...but i found it nicer and easier to just buy extentions from thunder racing or one of those places....good luck man you're gonna love em...oh and just in case u come into a problem on the drivers side i had to slice alittle peice of my black off so the driver side could fit... jus saw it off, align and bolt it up, and you're done =)
Old 01-18-2006, 04:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get the race headers. If you go with an ory you won't need the AIR anyhow.
Old 01-19-2006, 08:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok the other question I have is if I get this package from TSP

http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/item...d=182&catid=45

How will that Y Pipe fit with my hooker catback ? Will it bolt right up or am I going to have trouble making it fit right ?
Old 01-19-2006, 08:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

It should bolt right up to your catback and it will sound good too. Almost stock at idle, tame while driving, and great at WOT.
Old 01-19-2006, 08:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

It'll fit fine. I have the race-style headers, and ORY, but honestly, stick with the TSP ORY, that Pacesetter one likes to knock on the floorboards a bit too much for my tastes. The engine bay looks so much cleaner without all the emissions fittings.