Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Gauge overlays on a T/A...

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 05:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gauge overlays on a T/A...

for those of you here who have gauge overlays for your speedo whatever color they may be...are they a PITA as far as putting them and if not...were you thoroughly pleased with the results? i've been contemplating whether or not to get a set and what better way to make up my mind than to ask everyone who already has a set...thanks for the help guys...
Old 01-18-2006, 06:37 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nah they are easy to install. I work on cars for a living, but this job was still easy.

I had my cluster out in 10 minutes, after taking my time, not breaking any of the cheap plastic.

The Macewen overlays I got came with a decent set of instructions, with well layed out pictures. I'd say if you have any hands on skill, you can get these done with ease.

You don't have to pull needles or anything like that. Just carefully place the overlay through the needle, and line up your factory cluster markings with the new one.

You can even step it up a notch, and buy a couple firebird/trans am logos from www.WS6store.com

I just got home from work, but theres no snow outside anymore. So maybe I'll go outside and grab a few pics in a little while.

Good luck, I'd recommend them if your interested in them.

Rob
Old 01-18-2006, 06:59 PM
On The Tree

badasstaws6...yeah man i'd really appreciate it if you could take some time and snap me a couple pics. of your gauge overlays...what color are yours? i know you can get silver and white i think...i was thinking about getting a silver overlay for my t/a...like i say...i'm new to this site but it amazes me with all of the information that's laying around here on this site...i love it and just hope i can mod my car and make it half as appealing as many of the cars i've seen pictures of on this site...thanks for the help man...it's much appreciated
Old 01-18-2006, 07:03 PM
TECH Addict

Putting overlays on is pretty simple, the only hard part is getting the plastic trim to line up again (just have to have a little patience)
They look pretty good IMO, I went with the overlays and the HVAC and headlight switch to complete the look
Old 01-18-2006, 07:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

No problem...I put the silver on mine. Just dont be in a hurry. I also added a firehawk decal on.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:19 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Originally Posted by 2K2WS6TA
They look pretty good IMO, I went with the overlays and the HVAC and headlight switch to complete the look
Ditto, I have MBA billet ***** I got ahold of as well. I'll have them anodized red sometime this week hopefully. So that should really set off the interior, as both silver and red are my accent colors.

Originally Posted by sleepinghawk
No problem...I put the silver on mine. Just dont be in a hurry. I also added a firehawk decal on.
Ditto X2 They look great, and the small touch of the decals really adds a nice custom touch.

02LS1WS6, I think you'll find all the help and inspiration you need on this site. I try to help out as much as I can, and so do all of the other users. I feel it's the best GM based forum on the internet. I don't even bother to go anywhere else. You can find all the info right here, all packed into one site.

I tried to take a few pics, but it's too dark out. The flash basically killed it.... You can't really make out the decals I added. I'll clean it up, and take a few pics this weekend and send them your way. Here's what I've got for now.

Rob

Last edited by BAD ASS TA WS6; 01-18-2006 at 08:30 PM.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:59 PM
On The Tree

yeah i can't wait to start modding my car in every aspect as soon as it starts to warm up but here in va. now it's blue cold and you can't really work on anything unless you have it in a heated garage and for right now my t/a unfortunately stays under a carport...but hopefully by next winter i'll get to completely close the carport into the house...
Old 05-02-2006, 07:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Piece of cake....if I can do it, anybody can!

Instructions provided:

http://www.dynoproauto.com/gauges1024.htm
Attached Thumbnails Gauge overlays on a T/A...-ls1-pic.jpg  

Last edited by Firehawk526; 05-02-2006 at 07:27 PM.

Quick Reply: Gauge overlays on a T/A...