View Full Version : Who's had their GALL BLADDER removed?

Damian
01-19-2006, 11:43 AM
Doc says mine is full of stones and gonna need to be yanked.

Who's had it done? Tell me your experiences and side effects......

TIA

mxmccarter2401
01-19-2006, 11:53 AM
well i haven't but my mom just had it done and she was cooking supper the next day so it probably not that bad as far as side effects.

n2oblkz
01-19-2006, 11:55 AM
My wife had hers removed a couple of years ago and it is an outpatient surgery now. So far, she has had no negative side effects from it and a matter a fact, she is a lot better off now!

Damian
01-19-2006, 12:14 PM
ANybody had theirs out that trains w/ weights or cardio? Curious how long i'm gonna be out of the gym.....

unit213
01-19-2006, 12:16 PM
Sounds like you're going to have to stop your cycle(s). :poke: :D j/k

No experience here. I hope everything works out for you.

Damian
01-19-2006, 12:21 PM
Unit, S.A.D. :takethat:

I've heard up to a month without heavy lifting. FUCK that.....

1gen
01-19-2006, 01:55 PM
lol I heard too many cycles will do that to ya also you know not accusing or anything...

my friend had it done, he's a cross country runner dont know about the weights though

red95ssclone
01-19-2006, 02:12 PM
One of my buddies had his removed after he was stabbed. He survived and is doing well.

hardcorebob
01-19-2006, 02:56 PM
I've had mine removed. It was done in 2004 and there are some side effects. For one you will be out of commission for at least a month working out. Secondly you'll have to alter your diet to restrict the amount of fatty foods you eat. The GB regulates the amount of stomach acid that is needed to help digest fatty foods. You will not be able to eat at a all you can eat barbarque place or eat a bucket of chicken without having major side effects. The main side effect is explosive diarrhia and stomach pain/indigestion. My main problem that I have is after eat a meal l have to go do a #2 soon afterwards without fail. I hate doing that in a public restroom but when you gotta go you gotta go. You also can't eat large meals and will have to snack all throughout the day instead. Your stomach will be outta wack for at least a couple of months afterwards too.

I hope the procedure goes well and just listen to your body because it will warn/tell you if there are problems.

unit213
01-19-2006, 05:45 PM
Unit, S.A.D. :takethat:

I've heard up to a month without heavy lifting. FUCK that.....

Whoa...might as well go back to square one. That's what it's going
to feel like when you get under a 500lb squat.

Damian
01-20-2006, 09:14 PM
20,000 fuckin people on this site and only 3 of 'em got a usefull response? :huh:

Reznor
01-20-2006, 09:26 PM
mine is also full, but i still haven't gotten it taken out. i'm just watching my diet.

my grandmother's gb was also full. she would drink a glass of fresh squeezed orange juice every day, and it's broken up a lot of the stones over time.

you can probably do a search on what foods to eat that'll help break them up if you dont want to have it removed.

Damian
01-20-2006, 10:07 PM
I'd rather have it gone cause if it's giving me problems in my 20's I dont even wanna know what that POS is gonna be like when i'm 50.

MM98
01-20-2006, 10:55 PM
^^Just curious, but what are signs/symptoms of a stoned filled gall bladder??

Damian
01-21-2006, 12:08 AM
I couldn't really tell you. I think mine has been fucked for YEARS but it's become VERY apparent now. Ever since I was a little boy i've had digestion problems. Now, I have a knot right below the last rib on my right side (where the gall bladder is). My stomach can no longer break down any kind of complex food. I've been reduced to salads, chicken, and simple vegi's lately. Anything else fucks up my stomach.

If you're having a heard time digesting food, passing your food, or any kind of pain from your intestinal areas you could have a damaged GB.