LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

1990 corvette

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 01:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1990 corvette

I am looking into buying this 1990 vette by my house, 75k, m6... He said that it needs a new passenger lumbar resevoir(some **** with the power seat, he said forward n back and leaning forward n back still work, as well as up n down.) He said it also needs a new brake booster($500?) and new speakers....I think i'll leave the seat as is, but i will get a new brake booster and speakers, question is, is the brake booster a huge job?

Also, as for modding it: I was thinking a cam, something mild that i can tune to that people really cant tell too much at idle... I know a cam would be around $500, but would i need new springs/retainers?>? What kind of times/numbers can i expect out of some combinations?

Last, optispark ... My friend nory has an lt1 and his optispark is crazy, it brakes all the time, is that a common prob on these motors?

Thanx guys, i troll ls1tech a lot so im pretty knowledgeable on ls1's, im pretty clueless when it comes to lt1 though...Thanx for all replys!!!
Old 01-19-2006, 02:09 PM
12 Second Club

1990 Vette had the TPI L98s not the LT1.
Old 01-19-2006, 02:10 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by h0mieg
I am looking into buying this 1990 vette by my house, 75k, m6...
Also, as for modding it: I was thinking a cam, something mild that i can tune to that people really cant tell too much at idle... I know a cam would be around $500, but would i need new springs/retainers?>? What kind of times/numbers can i expect out of some combinations?
I love those cars! Good luck! As for modding, I'd do CAI & high flow airfilter, LT headers, a tune, maybe 160 stat. If you go w/ a new cam I'd definitely recommend upgrading to matching springs/retainers etc.