Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

? about TD's and GMMG

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 03:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ? about TD's and GMMG

I have an almost brand new GMMG exhaust that im trying to sell. I love the way the exhaust sounds. It is so sick. problem is i do a lot of high way driving and it resonates a little too much for me. I was really tooking into a tsp TD system with either bullets or sweet thunders.....i really want a deep sound and not too much resonance. With this quiet it down a little bit on the highway even though its dumped? Also what has a deeper sound to them bullets or sweet thunders?
Old 01-19-2006, 03:12 PM
TECH Addict

Hmm, just to let you know, almost any duals are going to resonate somewhat, especially if you dump them before the axle. The best way to cut down on this as much as possible is to put turndowns on it that point at 45 degree angles toward the pavement. This will cut down on the resonance the most.

I'd say if you like the way the GMMG sounds with the chambered mufflers, so with the Sweet Thunders. The design is pretty close to GMMG's chambered mufflers and the sound will be closer than it would be with bullets. Bullets are just loud, but don't have that distinct tone to them that you're familar with from the GMMG. You also wanted to know if it will quiet down a little bit. That's hard to say because it can all depend on the setup, but yes, true duals can indeed be quiet if done right.
Old 01-19-2006, 03:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

yea i really like the setup of the tsp td's.....the price is nice and from what ive heard its a very tight tucking system as long as its installed correctly
Old 01-19-2006, 08:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

ttt.....