Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Which Tire is best for the Track?

Old 01-22-2006, 06:21 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Which Tire is best for the Track?

I'm looking at some BF Goodrich G Force T/A Drag Radials 2. Does anyone have these and if so how do they grip on the track? Nittos 555R are another option and I don't want Mickey Thompsons. What woud you guys recommend?

NOTE: I have an extra set of stock 16 inch rims on which they will be put on so thread life is not an issue.
Old 01-22-2006, 08:05 PM
12 Second Club

why not mt's the would grip the best. if you are dead freaking set on not running those, i would go with the g force dr's. they just dont make them in the 275 for 17's
Old 01-22-2006, 08:27 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by spanky_55amg
why not mt's the would grip the best. if you are dead freaking set on not running those, i would go with the g force dr's. they just dont make them in the 275 for 17's
Yes they do. I have them. Anyways, out of the 2, the BFG's will get better traction. If you have a dedicated set of wheels for the track though, get a real set of slicks.
Old 01-22-2006, 09:24 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stock rear I assume...

Here's my recommendations.

Mickey Thompson DR is better than both the Nitto and BFG. These are STICKY, and I wouldn't recommend them on a 10bolt at the track.

The usual debate, is Nitto v. BFG. The BFG DR is a stickier tire, and much better at the track. I heat them up a little bit, and they grab MINT.

The Nitto DR is going to last longer than the BFG. But you have to heat the **** out of these tires for them to grab nicely. IMO, the Nittos are a little better in the rain, incase you get stuck in it.

FWIW, I've daily driven on BFGs for probably 6 months, and never had an issue. You just have to be more carefull when it's wet out.

My vote, goes to the BFG DR. I feel that its a much better tire at the track. And you might as well go with it seeing as you have an extra set of 16s. And they do come in 275/40/17s, I have a set as well

EDIT: Spanky, you must have meant BGF doesn't offer a 275/16. And you're right, they don't.

Last edited by BAD ASS TA WS6; 01-22-2006 at 09:37 PM.

Search this Thread