Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

New F-Body in Phoenix Area

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 04:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New F-Body in Phoenix Area

I've just moved to Tempe. And was wondering if any of you guys can direct me to a good/honest mechanic to work on my '02 Z28. I have basic mods (cat back & lid). My warranty ran out so I'm looking for someone other than a dealership. Just looking for someone to do basic maintenance. As I am not at all mechanically inclined. Thanks. Any suggestions would be great. By the way you guys know your stuff. I've learned alot about my car.
Old 01-23-2006, 04:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

post this on our thread, Phoenix F-Bodies

Im sure some of the guys on there can help you find someone or even do it for you. We are all getting together and doing headers on about 4 of our cars this weekend, so people are more than willing to help.
Old 01-23-2006, 05:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

a cheap place with good honest work is a place called auto spec on 17th ave and hatcher *it may be about 20 miles from you* but i honestly got my tranny mount, and U joints all replaced for 50 dollars labor which i find cheap....

im gonna have them install my Gears, all the guys are gearheads but work in a low income area so they charge cheap
Old 01-23-2006, 05:19 PM
12 Second Club

Check out the AZFBA. You can click thru at the end of my sig. There are 2 outstanding mechanics locally in business. Both (AZP&S and Gearhead Garage) are sponsors of the club and offer discounts to members. Both are on the Eastside and 1 (AZP&S) is in Tempe. You can click thru to their website from our website. BTW: AZFBA has a Honorary membership good for 90 days which lets you access most of the site. Should you wish to join there is a 1 time $20 membership fee. Got any questionns, ask me, I'm the Prez of th club.....
Old 01-23-2006, 05:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

phone number is 602-870-1482, if you need auto body work let me know, i got almost my whole car painted for 250 bucks and the guys can tell you it looks awesome.
Old 01-23-2006, 05:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Z-Convert
Check out the AZFBA. You can click thru at the end of my sig. There are 2 outstanding mechanics locally in business. Both (AZP&S and Gearhead Garage) are sponsors of the club and offer discounts to members. Both are on the Eastside and 1 (AZP&S) is in Tempe. You can click thru to their website from our website. BTW: AZFBA has a Honorary membership good for 90 days which lets you access most of the site. Should you wish to join there is a 1 time $20 membership fee. Got any questionns, ask me, I'm the Prez of th club.....
hey man i wanna join that club!!

haha would be cool, do you guys hang out a lot and all??
Old 01-23-2006, 05:31 PM
Teching In

Hey thanks for the suggestions.
Old 01-23-2006, 05:36 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Cchris1109
hey man i wanna join that club!!

haha would be cool, do you guys hang out a lot and all??
Click thru to our website. It's at the end of my sig. Go to thefront page and click on Message Board. This will allow you access to 5 of the 20 boards on our site. Click on the Interested in being an AZFBA member and start a new thread about yourself. Ask for Honorary membership and this will give you 90 day access to most of the boards. We have members on both the West and East side of town. We even have members out-of-state. We're having Club Day at Speedworld on Feb 19th and will be having a club meeting on the westside in about 2-3 months.

BTW: you may already have met some of the members out at Sonic or on Bell....
Old 01-23-2006, 08:41 PM
On The Tree

I always recommend Arizona Automasters. They're located off of I-10 and Chandler Blvd. In Chandler. Mike, the owner, is a good guy. They specialize in f-bodies, Corvettes, and GM trucks.
Old 01-23-2006, 11:06 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by bbfirebird
I always recommend Arizona Automasters. They're located off of I-10 and Chandler Blvd. In Chandler. Mike, the owner, is a good guy. They specialize in f-bodies, Corvettes, and GM trucks.
Yet another sponsor of the AZFBA....

Quick Reply: New F-Body in Phoenix Area