Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for a different Muffler/resonator

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 01:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a different Muffler/resonator

Hey guys, I have mac midlengths and ORY. I had some ghetto catback on there before from when i bought the car, it was loud as **** and sounded sweet but exhaust was only working out of one pipe and it was falling apart. SO this past year i bought a Hooker Catback to replace it. I have to say i'm a little dissapointed it's a little too quiet for my liking. I want something more raw and with some rumble to it. Any suggestions as to what i could swap in without buying a whole new catback? I've been listening to soundclips and theres just too many combo's and not enough people have the MAC mids. Heres a vid of my car with the Hooker exhaust.

WITH HOOKER CATBACK:
http://videos.streetfire.net/player....7-917B0AD67BA5

WITH OLD GHETTO EXHAUST:
http://videos.streetfire.net/Player....1-9F003FDFA320
thanks in advance guys
Old 01-24-2006, 01:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I had the Hooker mkyself and thought it was too quiet. After a few months it got louder. The Hooker is one of the quieter catback out there but is also one of the better sounding. Both of the clips I just watched sounded good and the Hooker was pretty loud.

Your only option as to what you could swap in without buying a new catback is a cutout somewhere before the muffler.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:46 AM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Yeah I second the cutout idea.
Old 01-25-2006, 12:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

When I had my Mac mids I went with custom True Duals with an H pipe and bullets. It sounded awesome IMO and probably would have been better with sweet thunders.
Old 01-25-2006, 01:29 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stick with the Hooker and remove the CATS & eventually add LT's. Just in removing the CATS will make you want to keep thwe Hooker, it comes to life with less restriction comin to it.