Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Oregon DEQ Questions.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 04:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Oregon DEQ Questions.....

Any chance in hell I can pass the DEQ here in Washington county without cats (gutted)? From what I'm been reading and hearing I get the full sniffer service.

I cleared a few lean codes today that were throwing a SES light. Hopefully those will stay way.

Applicable mods are 2000 Silverado, 6.0l with all the bolt-ons, small cam (208/216 @0.5" 113 LSA), and a custom tune until I get a laptop to run EFILive.

Thanks!
Old 01-24-2006, 10:27 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by OBXMarine
Any chance in hell I can pass the DEQ here in Washington county without cats (gutted)? From what I'm been reading and hearing I get the full sniffer service.

I cleared a few lean codes today that were throwing a SES light. Hopefully those will stay way.

Applicable mods are 2000 Silverado, 6.0l with all the bolt-ons, small cam (208/216 @0.5" 113 LSA), and a custom tune until I get a laptop to run EFILive.

Thanks!

If you don't have any current DTCs and if your IM240 status flags are ready you will pass. Otherwise no way.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by OBXMarine

Thanks!
Looks like about the same as here in WA. You have a '96 or newer. That means an OBDII check or your truck's PCM via the port in front of yer knee.

If you are having problems w/ codes, you need to see how many cycles/conditions it's taking to set off the MIL/SES (this can be determined by exactly which code yer setting). You *won't* pass emissions if yer PCM is mindlessly clear. There MUST BE a few cycles for the PCM to test the sensors and record same in memory. So. Don't just clear the codes, drive around the corner and take the test. Clear them out a day or 2 before and drive (start truck, run to temp, turn off). A half dozen cycles or so oughtta be enough to give the PCM the required info, w/out setting the conditions for a "pending" code in the PCM. Good luck.

http://www.deq.state.or.us/aq/vip/aboutthetests.htm

http://www.oregon.gov/ODOT/DMV/vehicle/emissions.shtml
Old 01-24-2006, 10:48 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Dang I thought you had ran off SSINFUL
Old 01-24-2006, 10:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks guys! Good info. Glad I'm newer and only need a OBDII test. Crappy thing is, the SES light popped on again today. I'm going to have to haul the PC back out to the garage again and look at them.
Old 01-25-2006, 01:59 AM
TECH Regular

i'm glad i don't have to deal with emissions for quite a while...

you should just try to find someone with catted pipes.. that you can toss on for the testing

Quick Reply: Oregon DEQ Questions.....