Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Line lock install Q's.

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 01:55 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Line lock install Q's.

I'm going to order Thunder Racings line lock kit, sais it comes with everything including pre-bent lines. Any special tools needed to install? Any purging necessary afterwards? I really don't do much work involving brakes except for pads and rotor replacement. Also, is the solenoid adjustable or anything? Is it a plug and play mod? How's the reliability of these things also and are they resistant to water? I wouldn't want to be driving down the road and my front brakes just lock up for no reason. Thanks!

John
Old 01-25-2006, 02:21 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Line wrenches help for the fittings. You will need to bleed the brakes after the install as you will have pulled lines.
Old 01-25-2006, 04:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Steve Burger
Line wrenches help for the fittings. You will need to bleed the brakes after the install as you will have pulled lines.

Can I just bleed at the caliper after installing the LL or will I need the scan 2 tool? I'm also installing some SS brake lines. I'm thinking about picking up some of Earls solo bleeders. I still can't find anything on how they work though. Will they make it simpler and easier?

Last edited by joblo1978; 01-25-2006 at 04:15 PM.
Old 01-25-2006, 04:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You just have to bleed them from the bleed screws on the calipers.
Old 01-25-2006, 04:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by joblo1978
I'm thinking about picking up some of Earls solo bleeders. I still can't find anything on how they work though. Will they make it simpler and easier?
Yes, the Solo bleeders will make it easier to bleed the brakes if you are doing it without anyone helping you. The Earls solo bleeders work like a one way check-valve keeping air & contaminates from aspirating back into the line. All you need is a catch bottle to recover the expelled fluid.