Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

90mm TB question

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 05:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 90mm TB question

I picked up a used 90/90 setup in the For Sale forum that I installed yesterday. I thought it came witht he Fast TB, but it's a different one. I'm PMing the seller to find out which one it is. As far as I know both both the Fast and NW TB's have a hookup at the top of the TB for the PCV line, but this TB does not.

My problem is this: the TPS voltage with the blade completely closed is .88. That is as low as I could get it with the set screw backed out all the way. The voltage is so high that I cannot reset the TPS position to 0%, and it hangs around 2-4%. It also throws the TPS voltage high SES code. I'm not sure how it'll react while running, because my MAP sensor does not fit the LSX intake and I've got to try to find a different grommet or something for the MAP sensor nipple so I can get it to seal in the intake before I can run it.

Can anyone identify the TB from my description? I swapped over my TPS sensor and IAC motor from my LS6 intake and TB assuming that they were a direct swap. Is there a different TPS sensor for these 90mm TB applications?
Old 01-29-2006, 10:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

to the top
Old 01-29-2006, 04:23 PM
Launching!

Post a picture if you can. Does it have a stock throttle shaft or is it all billet? I know that the FAST and my TB's all have the vent hole. I think that some of the first ones from TPIS didn't, but could be wrong.

Nick
Old 01-29-2006, 04:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Pictures are worth a thousand words
Old 01-29-2006, 04:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I got it figured out. I PM'ed the seller and he informed me that it was the MTI 90mm TB. By comparing it with my stock TB, I was able to see that the mounting holes for the TPS were positioned differently, so that when installed on the MTI TB the TPS was angled down more, making the voltage read high. What I did was grind off the locating tab on the TPS and slot the bolt holes so that I could rotate it when it was installed on the TB. Doing that I was able to rotate it up until I got my TPS voltage to about .50 and tighten it down. After that it reset to 0% just fine. I wonder is anyone else running this TB has had the same problem, or if I just got one that was drilled/tapped incorrectly?