Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how fast can i go MPH???

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 08:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how fast can i go MPH???

Had a T56 and now.......................
Putting in a th350..... 3800-4500 stall...

The thing is, i run a 9in with 4.56 gears...... a 28" in tall tire....
how fast can i go with a redline of 7200 rpms.........

and with the trex camshaft how will the 3800-4500 stall work????
i also have plans for NX 150- 200 shot.... will this setup work out??
Old 01-29-2006, 01:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

lol don't everybody chip in at once
Old 01-29-2006, 02:05 PM
Teching In

Your max speed not counting tire growth with a th350 1:1 final gear 4.56 gear 28" tire should be 128 mph, with some grows plus 3-4 mph maybe. My experience, nitrous motors run lower stall, all motor cars run a high stall. If you drive this on the street more than just weekend crusing keep the stall to about 3500 max and run a nice large transcooler and a deep pan for extra fluid. You might not get max performance on the motor, but it'll use less gas, run cooler, be more dependable and remember is it a street car you want to go fast in or a race car you want to bearly drive on the street, from my experience, a little less is alway better than too much. I ran a 4500 in my car and it ate gas faster than a fat lady locked in a chocolate store. I'd recommend calling the cam company and ask what stall their customers run with that cam also contact your local drag race trans shop and ask them with your car weight, gear, tire size, trans type, and using nitrous what stall to use, see what most people recommend and go some place in the middle is what I would do.
Old 01-29-2006, 02:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by christophermorales
Your max speed not counting tire growth with a th350 1:1 final gear 4.56 gear 28" tire should be 128 mph, with some grows plus 3-4 mph maybe. My experience, nitrous motors run lower stall, all motor cars run a high stall. If you drive this on the street more than just weekend crusing keep the stall to about 3500 max and run a nice large transcooler and a deep pan for extra fluid. You might not get max performance on the motor, but it'll use less gas, run cooler, be more dependable and remember is it a street car you want to go fast in or a race car you want to bearly drive on the street, from my experience, a little less is alway better than too much. I ran a 4500 in my car and it ate gas faster than a fat lady locked in a chocolate store. I'd recommend calling the cam company and ask what stall their customers run with that cam also contact your local drag race trans shop and ask them with your car weight, gear, tire size, trans type, and using nitrous what stall to use, see what most people recommend and go some place in the middle is what I would do.
Thank you for the laugh sir. You made my day.