Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tru Duals???

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 10:42 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tru Duals???

Decisions decisions decision. My set up is as is in my sig. I was toying w/the idea of when I get some headers just taking my LM off and going tru duals? Should I do this. Also, they ask you what exhaust you want when you buy tru duals(tex speed) they have sweet thunders, dynomax and moroso. Like I just thought it was all tex speed, I didnt know they had 3 dif mufflers, whats the dif between the mufflers and all?
Old 01-28-2006, 11:53 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by leftme4dead
Decisions decisions decision. My set up is as is in my sig. I was toying w/the idea of when I get some headers just taking my LM off and going tru duals? Should I do this. Also, they ask you what exhaust you want when you buy tru duals(tex speed) they have sweet thunders, dynomax and moroso. Like I just thought it was all tex speed, I didnt know they had 3 dif mufflers, whats the dif between the mufflers and all?
If you like sound quality, you'll junk the LM.

The 3 mufflers have different sounds. The dynomax (bullets) flow the best, and are the loudest (piece of 3" pipe will fit all the way through them.

Some people like different things, you'll have to be the judge of that.

Check LS1sounds.com to find some videos of exhaust.
Old 01-29-2006, 07:17 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You ought to save yourself some cash and have a custom setup fabbed up for you. A lot of people are starting to run duals out the back due to sound and rattles inside the car. So you can pay $400+ for the TSP duals, and then pay another $200 to run out the back later when you can't deal with it anymore. Or you can get some nice mufflers of your choice and pay around $500 for a setup that is tailored to your car and runs all the way out the back. It will fit better, give you better clearance and be exactly what you want with no guessing. Nothing against TSP, but there are cheaper, better options. It will still sound badass, but it won't give you a headache and rattle your car apart.