View Full Version : What type of water pump gaskets should I get.

Mr. Trick
01-31-2006, 10:57 AM
My car is a 98 and I read some where that 98's used paper gaskets and 99-02 used metal. Also since my is leaking from the water pump should I replace that to or can I get with just gaskets?

01-31-2006, 11:19 AM
Depends if the water is coming out of the weapholes or from the gaskets. Chances are if you are running the stocker that the actual internals of the pump are wearing out and thats where you are getting your leak. I have an 02 so mine are metal, maybe somebody with a 98 can chime in and tell you what they are using. My new pump came with the gaskets BTW.

01-31-2006, 12:09 PM
Just get the reusable gaskets that the 99-02 cars got.....their cheap from the dealer. That's what most 98's do when having to r/r the waterpump during cam swaps.

Sebring 00
01-31-2006, 06:54 PM
Why replace just the gaskets? The pump is probibly on its last leg.

Replace it, upgrade to reusable gaskets and be done with it.